Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Work Permit - Round 3

Umschalten
Work Permit - Round 3
Antwort
21.12.11 21:58
Hey all,

So twice now the Auslanderbehorde has rejected my company's application to work for them. A bit of background information:

I am American and graduated from university 6 months ago with a Bachelor's in Economics. I found an internship in Product Management and twice now they denied my application to work. Their reasons are as following:

"1) They still do not accept that it is a internship. The contract of employment looks like a regular one for them and because you already finished your studies, they argued that it should be a normal job with a common salary.

2) they don`t see the need in giving you a job offering, because they have more than 200 candidates who also fits and are Germans or Europeans and have to favored of none-Europeans."

Now, my company is making another application for me to have an internship in Quality Assurance since I used to work in that field. I had my former boss from my time as a QA employee write me a letter of recommendation outlining my responsibilities and what not.

My question is, besides those necessary documents is there any kind of information my company should mention or special wording they could use to try and get the work permit the third time around? Given the Auslanderbehorde's previous reasoning I thought it might be a good idea to mention that I plan on getting a Master's after my internship (may or may not be true). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.12.11 15:51 als Antwort auf Brock Cardiner.
Hi,

I remember what my company mentioned on the application to the ABH, that they were searching for a candidate who:
- spoke fluent English
- is a native Hindi (an Indian language) speaker as they were operational in India too
- basic knoweldge of German language
- had a degree in MS in a subject (specific to my studies)
- was ready to relocate and travel.

Point is, they wrote the requirement so that I was a perfect candidate for them and they could not find any one else suitable for the job.

Sorry, if I am less informed but this procedure is only valid when one applied for work-permit and not for an internship.

Ciao
Tony
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
22.12.11 21:40 als Antwort auf Brock Cardiner.
First, is it not the Ausländerbehörde who decides if you will work in Germany or not, rather, it is the Bundes Agentur für Arbeit (Federal Employment Agency).

Second based on the details you provided, it is absolutely obvious that you will not get an approval, because no employer will get an apporval to hire a non-EU national for an internship position at such difficult times that there are so many unemployed German graudates in your field of study.

If you were studying in Germany or in another EU country, then most likely you would become a work visa for an internship (even after graduation). German and European student are ranked higher compared to a non-EU national who looks for a job in Europe.

Sorry that I have no better news for you.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott