Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Steuererklaerung (steuer Klasse 1 to 3)

Toggle
Hallo all,

I am married and have applied for my wife'S family reunion visum. As far as i know i may only change my steuer klasse from 1 to 3 when my wife is here in germany. Some one told me that in next yesr steuererklaerung i can claim the extra steuer geld of those months for which i was usein klasse 1.

Now my question is till which date my wife should be in germany that i will be able to claim this year's passed months money.

For example my wife arrives in germnay on 31st december and i go to rathaus/ ausländbehörde on the same day to get her registered/anmeldung. so she is registered on 31st december and then i change my tax class to 3 in january then for the last whole year i worked on 1st klasse. is it possible to get that extra money in steuererklaerung or not.

thanks
khan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 11:53 AM as a reply to the khan khan.
It is possible in case she comes this year and you change your tax class this year. In case you change your tax class on january 1 and after, you won't be eligible to claim any money for 2009.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 12:26 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
They usually dont work at 31st December in Rathaus..
;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 12:55 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
@AxEnNeSo

no thats not true, i was in similar situation and i got all the taxes for the previous year. They just saw the date of marriage and thats it!

Good luck Khan!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 1:20 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
Acutally the rule is-->
if your wife arrives before 31st Dec,then you are elgible to get the extra money from steuer klasse 1 to 3

May be Raj2009 is lucky...better you ask the local bürger office or some steuerberater
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 1:43 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
I am not sure about getting complete amount back as per class change but I there is a possibility to claim second house expenses from the date of marriage to wife`s arrival date in Germany (flight tickets and visa fee also shall be claimed).

But any how all the claims depend on your tax consultant and Finanzamt.

Vempati.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 4:23 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
iam also in the same situation. i married in Dec 2008 and my wife came to Germany in May 2008. Two months back i applied for tax returns then financeamt asked about my wife arrival date in Germany. it seems they dont consider tax card 3 for 2008 eventough i married in Dec 2008.

@Raj2009
in which city you are living? and through which verein(Group) you applied tax returns?

txs for the info
sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/09 4:30 PM as a reply to the khan khan.
@sinu78

i guess city is not important, i applied myself, married in August´200X, and my wife arrived in January´200X+1, filed for tax returns in following March and by May received the amount in my account. Hope this info will be of help.

Good Luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18