Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Sponsoring for Studies from Germany

Sponsoring for Studies from Germany
Antwort
05.09.09 15:58
Hello all,
First of all I would like to give a brief of my situation before asking my query.
I am working in Germany since almost 2 years now.
At present my visa is valid till october end and can be extended if I get a new job as my present company have made it clear not to extend my contract.

I want to sponsor my wife. She got admission in a German University.

Now the problem is I can't send her a "Verpflitchtungserklärung" since my visa is valid only till october end.
I did not came across any option like making any legal Affidavit of Financial Support here in Germany which we do in India through Notary.

Since the time is not much as the semester will start from October and she will be given at most 2 week extra time to register late.

Can anyone suggest how can I sponsor here. I had sent a letter that I will sponsor her with my bank statements and also last 3 salary slips.
But I don't know if the Germany Embassy will accept that as a legal document.

Also she don't have much time to send the form for opening sperrkonto because the form which she had sent already verified by Notary havn't been accepted by Deutsche Bank and they want her to get them verified through the German Embassy only, else I could had transfered the money and that would had helped.

Is there any other way I can prove my sponsorship so that the German embassy in Mumbai accepts.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 16:48 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
Open joint NRE (Euro) in India.

Transfer Euros from Germany to India, which would cover her expenses + fees.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 17:18 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@stutt23

But as far as I know to make the account joint both should have NRI status, and if one want to open because leaving for studies it is possible after getting the visa, because the bank needs a copy of Residence permit.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 18:53 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
As far as i know, to open a student account in Deutsche bank is not a problem. What your wife has to do, attest the account opening form from any branch of Deutsche bank in India and send that to the Deutsche bank in Hamburg.In Hamburg, they have a special office, which is dealing only all international students which are coming to Germany and need a bank account for visa processing. The account opening take around 3 to 4 days only.

You can ask Deutsche bank in India for further deatils. Its a simple process.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 19:19 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@UMTS11

Deutsche bank in India is not verifying the documents thats y my wife got them verified through Notary but they did not accept in Hamburg and have asked to send the form again verified by the Germany embassy.
Its not a problem but the time is less thats the reason.

One query will the German embassy accept and start the visa process if she tells in one week the speerkonto would be opened and the money transfered.
And in the meantime submits my bank statements with sufficient money.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 19:23 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
>>One query will the German embassy accept and start the visa process if she tells in one week the speerkonto would be opened and the money transfered.
And in the meantime submits my bank statements with sufficient money.>>

usually not. but you can ask them this
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 19:34 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@UMTS11

She will also have letter written by me that I will bear all the expenses.

Any idea if that would help as a financial guarantee considering I am already in Germany.

Thanks
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 19:36 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
For student visa purposes i always suggest to get educational loans in india, even if one has enough money in the bank. The embassy will trust a bank loan statement better than any bank statment showing a few crores.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 19:40 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@raj

Yes you are right, but we are short of time as only 3 days ago she got the admission letter after submitting GMAT score.

So I was wondering if there is any way time could be saved and the visa process can start.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.09.09 20:48 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@socdesign

i know someone, who did the same way, file your application and tell them financial things are on way and will be submitted in due coarse of time and that was absolutely perfect with German embassy. So hurry up and tell your wife to take an appointment and file her application asap.

In the meantime you can also try for a bank loan :-)

Good luck and keep us posted!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.09.09 19:49 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
Hello,
My wife applied for her visa today at the German Embassy in Mumbai.
My hand written letter was very helpful as the lady specifically asked handwritten.
But one thing the lady(Indian) at the Embassy said is not understood.

My wife took my German bank Statement with sufficient money to cover the course. Also she had statements from my NRE acoount in India.

She also took the sperrkonto opening forms to be verified so that she can send it again to Deutsche Bank in Hamburg.
But the lady told why is that required, did they ask her to open a sperrkonto and denied to verify the form.
She told my wife to come with a Demand Draft 7800 Euro when she is called for the visa stamping.

I don't understand why the lady denied to verify the Sperrkonto form, since then it would had been more easy to transfer the money.

Is there anything like Demand Draft in Germany?
So that I can get one issued and send it to my wife in India.(Assuming a DD is allowed to send via post)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.09.09 20:28 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@socdesign

congrats!! thats win-win situation for you guys :-)

-NO! mumbai embassy needs demand drafts issued by indian banks only, so now there is no need for attestation of sperr konto bla bla bla, and also a good point to look for a bank loan or simply transfer the amount to india and your wife can make a demand draft from any indian bank.

most probably your wife will get a call in the first week of october´09, so make sure you submit it before that.

all the best and keep us posted!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
08.09.09 20:41 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@raj2009

You mentioned that probably she can get a call in 1st week of October and I should submit the Demand Draft before that.

I did not get that where should I submit? I guess you meant I should get the demand draft issued before that and keep it ready.

The lady in the embassy told that when my wife goes for visa stamping she should bring the Demand Draft too.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.09.09 03:06 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
Hi socdesign,

I have logged in for the sole purpose of asking...

Are you working on semiconductors branch? Because your account name "socdesign" reminds me SoC (System on a Chip) which is a microelectronics term.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.09.09 14:20 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@socdesign

well what i meant was, make the demand draft and dont wait till first week of October (as her classes are starting soon). Ever heard of German beaurocracy?

People are sometimes very annoying when they call embassy and ask for the status of visa application. But in your case you have a valid reason, ask your wife to go to embassy and drop the demand draft copy and inquire for visa??

the rest is upto you......good luck!!
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.09.09 21:17 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@socdesign

I too have the same query like @klenze17
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.09.09 22:45 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@raj2009

Thanks Got it.

One thing my wife is not in Mumbai so if she goes without they call I don't think she would be allowed to enter, and the lady there will start to shout, since thats what the lady was doing when others came with some document missing in their application.
I thing she should not contact till end of September any suggestion?

P.S: The lady their told my wife have advantage since she was already in Germany and also done German course.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
09.09.09 22:47 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
@ritrits &
@klenze17

Yes both of you are right and I believe since you knew the term SOC u both must be in the same industry:-)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
10.09.09 12:34 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
Hi socdesign,

my avatar is a proof that I am working in Semiconductors industry. The avatar picture is a 6-T SRAM cell I had designed during my Bachelor for 8 GHz AMS BiCMOS technology in 1994... The tool was Cadence DFII "icfb" Virtuso Layout Editor.

Now I am doing VHDL, Verilog, SystemC only in an international semiconductors company (front-end design).

What are you guys doing there?

Klenze17.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
11.09.09 03:21 als Antwort auf Soc Ware.
I am in Analog Design.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18