Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: einbürgerung - clarification about next steps

Hi,

First of all, a great thanks to the contributors here! Your responses are treasure trove of information about life in Germany.

Today I received the letter from the authorities asking me to pick up my citizenship letter. They wanted me to bring the current Indian passport. I remember reading here that the German authorities will keep this and take care of canceling the Indian citizenship. I have few doubts here:

1) Does it mean that I wont be getting the Indian passport back from the German authorities?

2) If answer is no to (1), I think we need to submit the old passport at the Indian embassy for OCI and the citizenship renunciation. How will this be handled? Is a copy of the passport enough?

3)Only I will have German citizenship and we are expecting our first child in March. From the rules (atleast for me) it is not very clear if our baby will get the OCI or PIO since the mother is still an Indian national.

Could anybody here, please clarify these for me based on your experience?
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Re: einbürgerung - clarification about next steps
Answer
2/3/11 4:53 PM as a reply to Raj B.
1)you will not be getting back the indian passport from the german authorities.

2)at the indian embassy just provide copies of your old passport and fill in the renunciation form.I think the fee is around 115 euros.

3)The kid will get an OCI. Atleast one of the parent should be a german citizen .
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott