Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: Passport Question to frequent travellers

Hi friends and specially frequently trevelling GCs from India,
Would be thankful for your answers to the following.
Although my Indian passport is valid till 2007 May,there are only 4 blank pages left, as I travel frequently outside Europe, whereby its full of visa stickers now. I will get my EG (erwerbstätigkeit Gestattet) next week from the ausländerbehörde.
Q1)Should i go forward and let the EG be sticked on the current passport OR should i apply for a new passport, and then get the EG on that?
Q2) Specially pertaining to India, whats the current scenario? Do they still Glue the old passport to the new one? (Its funny that i have seen many indians travelling with Passports thick as Novels with the older ones pasted to the new one)
Thanks in advance
GnR
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 01:35 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
Q1) You should allow the EG to be stuck on your current passport. Following rules, I think the Botschaft would NOT issue you a new passport before May 2006 (i.e. one year before expiry) nor would they issue one on the grounds that you still have 4 pages left.
Q2) Maybe someone else could help. I did not understand your problem:-(
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 14:59 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
You can always oredr a new book let with pages.

It will take 1 week or so after submission of the form.

Call Indian consulate .They are very helpful.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
05.10.05 20:29 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
Thanks havehope and deepak for your response.
I am sorry i did not mean a new passport, rather I meant only a new booklet, since there are only 4 blank pages left for Visas on my current passport.
So I guess the consulate will glue a new booklet with the current passport.
regards
GnR
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.10.05 14:18 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
hi,

The Indian Embassy or consulate
will issue you a new passport and not a booklet. You will have 2 valid passports but the expiry of the new passport will be the same like the old one.

You can get as many additional passports you need. I have 3 passports and all of them are valid!!

Best Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.10.05 17:02 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
@ Rajesh

Are these three passports glued together ?

If not, do you need to carry all three passports when you travel or just the latest one ?

Good Day
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
06.10.05 20:54 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
@Rajesh
U seem to be under a wrong impression. The booklet is issued and not a new passport if u request for additional pages in your passport.I have encountered it.

As someone mentioned the Indian Consulate is very helpful so do check up on them .
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
20.10.05 18:21 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
Hi Rajesh,

The new passport issued , as u have mentioned, can they also be issued with extension of passport validity? If yes, can you please share this process with us and what all is required . how much time etc.?

Thanks and Regards,
Savera
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
21.10.05 17:36 als Antwort auf GnR GnR.
Hello GnR, did you solve your problem already, I thought before you put up such question on this forum you should have checked out the details from this website http://www.indianembassy.de/English/homepage.htm
Below are the possibilties,
----------------------------------
Jumbo Booklet
Frequent travellers can now obtain 60 page Indian Passports. The charge for the ten-year-validity Jumbo Passport booklet is Euro 60/-. Ordinary passport booklet (36 pages) with a maximum validity of ten years costs Euro 48/-

Additional visa sheets discontinued

Additional visa sheets for attachment in passports will no longer be issued. Those holding passports with existing validity, but with all pages exhausted, will now be issued with an additional passport booklet. Fees for ordinary additional booklet is Euro 25 and for Jumbo booklet is Euro 30.
(Documents to be submitted for this purpose will be the same as for the issue of a new passport on completion of validity)

Re-issue of passports within one year before expiry

It is possible to have a new passport, one year before its expiry. This passport will be valid for 10 years from the date of issue. Fees in this case will be same as fees charged in case of issuing new passport on completion of full validity.

Discontinuance of 20 years passport booklet

20 years valid passport booklets are no longer issued.
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3
Datum: 22.01.18
Ame Elliott