Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Inviting parents "SECOND TIME" to Germany

Toggle
Hi,

Apologies if same topic has been discussed before, at least I could not find it in Visa Forum.

I am planning to invite my parents second time to Germany from 01.08.11 to 25.10.11 (ca. 3 Months). Last year they visited me from 01.10.10 till 30.11.10 (2 Months).

Now I had 2 questions regarding the same:
- If they apply this time (from Delhi Embassy), do they have to visit Embassy again?

- Are they eligible to apply for 3 months visa starting from 1st of August this year?

Thanks in advance.
-Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/8/11 2:24 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hello I cannot the reason why they should not apply. This time suggest them to apply for the multiple entry visa and share the story.

Bolo(Frankfurt)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/8/11 7:53 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
To be honest in your case, I would apply for a longer visa which allows them to come once again, for example for 2 years.

Cite the fact that they come regularly to Germany to visit you and that you have a qualified permanent job. Cite also property your parents have in India and probably also pension family etc giving them enough reasons to come back to India (and write it this way)

Cite EG Verordnung Nr. 810/2009 des Europarlaments und Rates vom 13. Juli 2009 Artikel 24 (2) as the relevant law which allows this for nationals of third country in case they have close relatives living in the EU.

It worked for me and my parents have a longer term visa now (schengen multiple entry for several years)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/8/11 7:56 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
BTW a 2 yr visa doesnt mean that they can stay here two years but rather that the visa is valid for 2 yrs and they can come and go again without applying for new one.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/11 1:06 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks for tip Supersid. But will I need same Verpflichtungserklärung letter from ABH or is it something different?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/11 5:40 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hallo Supersid,

Really thats a good information to know. Can you please some more details on the same like wat type of visa is that and wat time limitation it has( like 90 days). wat about health insurance how it has to be done. You information will be more helpful for us.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Sudar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/11 6:41 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Yes you need a Verpflichtungserklärung where it is PREFERABLY written valid for FIRST TIME PERIOD THEY VISIT und weitere Besuchen im Zeitraum des Visum-Gültigkeit.

Its standard Schengen visa and nothing changes at all except the validity (which is a longer one).

They can visit 90 days in every 6 months (so total 6 months per year.

As the visa is issued for longer period, they cant check your parents insurance everytime they come, so you are informed specifically that you are obliged to take health insurance everytime they come.

-----------
Page 12 Artikel 24
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2009:243:0001:0058emoticonEemoticonDF
-----------
And ofcourse having a German citizenship is not harmful here ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/11 7:12 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@supersid

The link ist not working :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/10/11 12:06 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
http://www.waffenrecht.lexdejur.de/exkurse/gesetze-und-vorschriften-ldjg/645-ldjg-verordnung-eg-nr-8102009-des-europaeischen-parlaments-und-des-rates-vom-13-juli-2009-ueber-einen-visakodex-der-gemeinschaft-visakodex.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/11 8:22 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Thanks for replies. Will post my experience after I have gone through the procedure.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/12 3:51 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
@tony

could you please update..... if it was successful?

thanks in advance,

Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/8/12 1:53 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hello Raj,

My parents dropped the plan to visit me in Germany.
- The embassy demanded the same papers which were submitted by them last time and
- they had to travel to Delhi again to show their faces.
- My mother works in defence services in India and to her surprise the embassy last time asked for an NOC from Govt. She needs it but its between the Govt. and her.

I can tell you that they do not find the complete procedure easy and it demotivates them to apply for visa. They tell me that they can apply for visa but can not beg for it. Although for me such things are "egal".
- Anyways, the solution we agreed upon is that under normal circumstances, I visit them every year and stay there for a month.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/12 9:07 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hello Supersid,

can you please tell us what exactly did you tell the Stadtamt to convince them that to write:

"FIRST TIME PERIOD THEY VISIT und weitere Besuchen im Zeitraum des Visum-Gültigkeit."

Also, how and where did you cite "EG Verordnung Nr. 810/2009 des Europarlaments und Rates vom 13. Juli 2009 Artikel 24 (2)" as the relevant law.

I would deeply appreciate if you could please throw more light on this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sam
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/12 2:03 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hello Supersid,

I would also be interested to know how exactly you provided with this info to German embassy in india. From their website, it is never mentioned anything about the possibility of Longterm-Schengen visa.

Looks like they are trying to avoid informing people about it...

Thanks a ton..

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/12 1:35 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Supersid,

Thanks for the valuable info.

I have NE and would also like my mother to get longer term visa.
I will go to Ausländeramt and try to convince them to add the text which you suggested on Verpflichtungserklärung.

I will be grateful if you can your share experience with German consulate in India. Did you write an extra application letter mentioning the duration of visa (e.g. 2 years) for multiple entry visa? Or did you mention it in Visa application letter?

Grüße.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/12 9:15 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Just write a coverletter mentioning this and also your parents should request for it in their coverletter.

If it is the first time they are coming here, probably they wouldnt get a longer term visa.

Note that longer term doesnt mean that your parents can stay longer. It just means that they can come and go for a longer period without applying for a new visa. They can come here for 90 days in every half year with the half year starting on the day they arrive.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/31/12 10:21 PM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi Supersid,

Thanks for your reply.

My mother will be travelling for second time.

And I will be in India next month along with my mother when she will apply for a visa. That is why I was asking for your experience with German consulate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/6/12 2:04 AM as a reply to Tony Gill.
Hi,

I have applied for my parents a longer visa (5 years validity mentioned in Obligation Letter) two times with Chennai embassy mentioning the Rule.
Unfortunately, they have not considered it and gave visa for only 90 days.

@Supersid - You are lucky enough to get longer visa for your parents.

Foreign office may issue obligation letter for maximum 5 year once you have a good Job in Germany.

BR,
Shaik
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3