Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Leaving Country after Niederlassungerlaubnis

Toggle
Dear All,

There are a lot of discussion on leaving country for 6 months on NE to maintain its validity. I've a similar question with one exception:

Will it work if I get NE and get an extra approval from AB for a longer absence and move to UK where I’ll be living and working (which means also paying taxes there) by that will I be able to keep NE valid?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/09 3:57 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
>>Will it work if I get NE and get an extra approval from AB for a longer absence

Yes, it will work

>>and move to UK where I’ll be living and working (which means also paying taxes there) by that will I be able to keep NE valid?

If you go on intercompany transfer they may agree, but if you pay taxes there why should germany be interested in keeping your NE valid?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/09 4:25 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Thanks raj for a reply,

Will Daueraufenthalt-EG work in this case?

Additionally i've German national wife (sepereated, not divorced) and German national kids as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/09 4:45 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
best answered here

http://www.frag-einen-anwalt.de/forum_topic.asp?topic_id=43773&ccheck=1

Looks like a Yes
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/09 11:43 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Hi,

if you get approval from the ABH, they will give you a time period where they will keep your NE valid. As the UK does not implement the directive on Long term foreign residents, you don't get the automatic protection of your permit that you would get in countries that have the Daueraufenthalt-EG.

That said, with your german wife and children under 18 they will always (assuming status and laws don't change) give you a resident permit when you come back, and this also increases the chances that you get a long period from the ABH.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/09 3:47 AM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Hi Aalvarez,

as far as I remember you got NE but you are living in UK. Do you still keep your NE? Was there any issue when entering/going out?

Keeping NE when living outside Germany is always tricky. Registration might need to be kept...

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/7/09 11:52 AM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Thanks a lot Raj,

Very good information under the link which u have posted. I got for what i was searching, thanks once again, bye, mohan.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/09 4:45 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Hi
i am a sommelier and live in germany. my girlfriend and me are thinking about getting married. i also only have 2 more years until my 5 years is up and i will have my german permenent resedency. i eventually want to go to australia again for a couple years and pull off some kind of resedency there as i have 3 years to go or perhaps i will find a job in south africa. i want to establish a wine business in germany but before i do it means i have to leave for a couple years as i must establish contacts with the distributers and wineries that i see fit for my business. I of course dont want to give up my american passport otherwise i could never go back to california to live. this brings me to my question. is there any kind of german visa i could get that would allow me to leave and come back whenever i please. i have both of the permenent residency options above. what should i do?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/09 5:07 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
If you have US Passport then you dont need a visa to visit Germany for 3 months? So why would you need a PR in germany because you are goin to travel around?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/11 6:43 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Hi,

I have Indian citizenship and also have a Daueraufenthalt-EG. Recently, I got a faculty position at a leading University in my country (at one of the IITs). This is a perminent position, which requires Indian citizenship. I may collaborate with some German Universities. Is there a formal way to keep my Daueraufenthalt-EG active and take the faculty position in my country? I want to come back to Germany after some years. In this case how should I proceed?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/11 1:11 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
keep the registartion in some address
visit germany at least in every 6 months
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/11 1:21 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
thanks for your reply! Yes, this is one possibility. However, I am looking for a more formal option. As I may work together with the Garman institutes, can I request the administration (e.g KVR) not to cancel my Nederlassung?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/11 6:32 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
u can get this for unlimited time. I have it.
All you need is to go to ABH, show them the proof that you need to be back in germany over regular intervals. You could use your contract to do that.
You will get a bescheinigung and then you are done.

I exited out of Germany in 2008, and since then i have made around 4-5 trips. Last was in nov 2011.
It works and you will have no problems during entry.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/11 12:12 AM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
Suggestion by Matthew:

What Matthew suggested might work but is an illegal option and obviously a misuse of the system.

The reason for this is that you are moving out of Germany with an intention to take up a job and thus your point of exsistence (Lebensmittelpunkt) is not Germany anymore.

Suggestion by Savion:

They give you a formal letter saying that your NE will not be terminated when for example you are sent by a German research institute to India for two years. No problem there!

If you tell them all the details saying that you will join IIT as a faculty and you MIGHT be cooperating with German institutes, they would recommend a visit visa from India. This obviously is also correct.

You can still try for it but I rate the chances as extremely low considering that you would have nothing written certifying the PROBABLE cooperation.

You should also know that for people who regularly come to Germany/Europe due to professional or also personal reasons, it is possible to get a multiple entry visa for upto 5 years. Relevant law is : Verordnung Nr. 810/2009 des Europarlaments und Rates vom 13. Juli 2009 Artikel 24 (2)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/11 3:58 PM as a reply to Saeed Ahmed Tariq.
thanks a lot for your updates!

Last week, I went to the Auslanderamt in Karlsruhe. In order to keep my nederlassung valid after leaving Germany, Auslanderamt suggested the following:
1) I need to send a formal request via post with my arguments. 2) Based on my inputs, Auslanderamt will decide on my visa.
Before leaving Germany I want to try this.

Is there anyone with similar experience? Please share experiences. Shall I need to contact an immigration lawyer?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott