Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Re: German nationality only for family

Alternar
German nationality only for family
Respuesta
19/01/11 14:48
Hi,
I have been working in Germany since 2001 and both I and my wife have NE. My kids have visa till they turn 16.
I want to apply for German nationality for my wife and kids but not for myself.
My wife doesn't work though she has already passed the required B1 test.

Has any one done that before. Some experience sharing would really help.

Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
19/01/11 15:23 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
May I ask you, why you dont want to apply ? Please let us know the reason if it is not private then we can learn something from you.

From my understand, I cannot see any problem for yoor family to apply for pass.

Rahman
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/01/11 13:25 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
I want to keep my nationality because of pension reclaim.
Though I have planned to live here for longer period but still I am not 100% sure if I will stay here till retirement age (if I live that long :-)

I am paying my pension contribution of more than 450 Euros a month which makes it a considerable amount if you calculate for 20 years. Today the retirement age is 67 and you don't know if it will stay like that (...looking at the demographic situation in Germany).

I like it here and hope that I don't need to go back but I don't find many problems with my current status of NE. For kids it's a different thing, they are born and raised here so Germany is much more of a home for them.
Regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/01/11 22:51 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
Hi Khokar,

in this case your wife would have to start the process and include the children. Regarding getting back your pension, do note that you only get half of what has been paid (your contributions) and as pension payments are now progressively made tax free it is not unlikely that tax legislation is introduced in the future in the event of refunds.

Regards,
-a
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
23/01/11 2:01 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
@Khokhar

i think its a intelligent step/planning. Go for it.

i believe even getting half the contribution is better if you get the money in one go, rather than at the age of 67 .... nobody no what happens then...
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/01/11 16:26 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
thanks guys for your comments.

Yes I know that it's only your own contribution that you get back.
One important point is that you can only claim this pension amount when you go back to your homeland, unregister yourself from Germany (i.e you can not keep your NE) and then wait for 2 years.

@aalvarez: so you mean even if wife doesn't work, she can apply for herself and for kids. Right!

Regards,
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/01/11 20:19 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
Well, let me put it like this. Some people have a pension (or money), others a job and others a husband (or a wife) as means of subsistence and they are all valid.

Btw, this is not legal advice.

Cheers,
-a
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/08/11 15:22 en respuesta a Muhammad Bilal.
Let say you have taken Germany pass.

You worked in Germany for 20 years.

At your age of 50 went back to other country and living there. You have taken other nationality.

What will happen to your pension?
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18