Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: Spouse German Language Req. Help needed

Toggle
Hi All,
I am from Pakistan and working at uni-rostock as wissenschaftlicher mitarbeiter (Phd Student) under AG § 18 with beschäfigung erlaubnis, I have time limited visa valid until Oct 2011. I had student visa from Dec 2005 to Jan 2008 and § 18 from Jan 2008 till now. My wife applied for a long term visa in Nov 2010 at German embassy Islamabad. first the guy at the embassy told every thing is OK you will be issued a letter for the visa soon. However, 2 weeks later my wife received a letter demanding the German language certificate SD 1. The problem is that my wife can not find a German language institute in Peshawar, Pakistan, where, she leaves. She can not move alone to another city. So she can not do any thing. After discussing it with the embassy over email, the embassy finally wrote me an email stating that my wife has 6 months to do the German language certificat SD 1. And afterwards a decision will be made.
Now, I am in serious problem. I do not know what to do. I can not leave now Germany because i need at least 1 and half year to finish my PhD. And I also can not bring my wife here. Is there some way to solve this problem? Please help me.
Is it possible, if i get EC-long term then my wife does not need to do German language?
Is it possible, if i can get visa under § 19, i mean highly qualified?
Your help will be highly appreciated as I am in very terrible situation.
Regards and thanks in advance,
Scholar.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/11 12:27 AM as a reply to scholar scholar.
Is it possible, if i can get visa under § 19, i mean highly qualified?
-> its hard, I am not sure if it can help
Your help will be highly appreciated as I am in very terrible situation.
-> However there is solution.
Provide your wife goethe institute A1 material and CDs, she can practice at home and learn.Then register for examination at goethe institute and write the paper. I had similar situation and my wife had managed to clear exam by self study at home.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/11 1:02 AM as a reply to scholar scholar.
My wife went through similar situation. She took 10 classes from a private german tutor of two hours each and enrolled for german exam on 20th day. She managed to pass by 1 mark, 61/100.

I could only tell you the approximate effort that may be needed.

Good luck on your wife's visa process
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/11 10:34 AM as a reply to scholar scholar.
@ Scholar:

I do not think its too difficult. There are 2 or 3 institiutes in Islamabad where you can do this course. As Peshawar is not far from Islamabad, she can stay for 1 to 2 months in hostels etc and can get the certificate.
Its a bit hard but it is manageable. I know some ppl which were facing the same problem as you are but they tried and manage to get the certificate and now they are happy.

Goodluck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18