Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Re: BE, Probation Period & Dependent Visa Application

Toggle
Hello,

I am working in Germany for the last 4 years and hold BE Visa with "Beschäftigung jeder Art gestattet." written on it.
I started working for a new company from 1st Jan 2010 onwards. My probation period is for the first 3 months, ie till march 31st 2010.

I am getting married in the first week of march, in India. My company is in agreement with my vacation and have also granted me the leaves.

But I have few questions regarding spouse visa which my wife will be applying in March.

1. My BE visa expires on 28-May-2010, will this effect my wife's dependent visa application?
2. my Probation period ends on March 31st 2010, will this also effect in dependent visa application?

Over the weekend I have read through the archives on Trust7, the basic procedure for spouse visa is more or less clear to me now. But the above two questions still are open to me. Kindly share your experiences and views.

best regards
Harsha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/10 1:16 PM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
everything depends on the validity of your work contract. If your work contract is valid for < 6 months then its highly unlikely that your spouse will get a dependent Visa, else you cruise through.

regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/8/11 9:54 PM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Hello Harsha,

Hope all is well at your end. I read your post and since its a while you posted it, I am really eager to know how did the Dependent visa process go? and what all challenges did you face during this process? I am keen to know about the Probation Period issue and also how long should the Employment contract be valid for before one can get his/her Spouse on dependent Visa.

I would be greatly thankful for your reply
You can write me an E mail at mrmani79@gmail.com

With best regards

Mani
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/11 12:37 PM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Hallo,

Hope this will not be a problem in getting the visa for his wife.

The same happened in my case when i got married. I was in company dependent visa but not in probation but visa less than 4 months.The VFS in India said that my Residence permit and work permit ends very soon so it will be difficult to get a visa for my wife and suggested me to get a letter from my employee stating that company will take care of residence permit extension and also my contract was unlimited. So I did the same.

While the papers were here in Germany, the one incharge of documents verification asked me the same question about my residence permit and asked me to make an application for extension, so I made an application for extension(also BE). So it was internally communicated within RATHAUS.

I got my residence permit extended and BE after my marriage that too with my wife´s residence permit here in Germany.

Sudar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/11 12:43 AM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Hi,

I went through the similar situation as sudarg (above post). I was asked to submit the regular additional documents (nothing too complicated) AND extend my resident permit that was expiring in two months here in Berin, when my wife's paper arrived at Ausländerbehorde.

The communication was NOT within Ausländerbehorde in Berlin in my case, as I had to extend my visa and give the copy to the other person who had asked me earlier to extend. There were no problems or complications AT ALL though time consuming and lost few weeks (The two officers I dealt with were very "understanding" )

Good luck to you!!!

p.s I was not in probation period
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/1/11 4:50 AM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Dear Harsha ... i just want to know ..how ur visa process went? ...as im facing the same problem.... my husband just joined his job 2 weeks before ... i have his residence permit and job letter ..it does say that he has perminant job with this company and his visa is stamped for 2 years (extendable). Some body told me one cannot get visa if the spouse is on probation. i wan to knw ur opinion abt it...what if my husband has probation ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/2/11 7:00 PM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Hello,

For my wife's visa, we were asked to present last 3 months salary slips. and I was advised to apply for the visa after probation. My company agreed to end my probation after 2 months, on request.

so my advice would be to apply for dependent visa after the probation period. ofcourse your husband can request his company to end the probation citing your visa reasons.

About last 3 months salary slips, please ask your husband to visit local Foreigner's office (Ausländerbehorde) to get the latest visa application requirements.

Good luck
Harsha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/3/11 1:25 AM as a reply to harsh vardhan.
Dear Harsha ,
Thanks for the reply. as u mentioned above u started ur new job from JAn,2010 and ur visa expiry date was May 2010. it means ur visa was valid for just 5 months right?
Also please tell me , did u extend ur visa before ur wife applied for the spouse visa?
in my case, the consulate general here at karachi told us that they just want a valid work permit for NOT LESS THAN 9 MONTHS and they need my husband's job letter and a salary certificate which anyone could get from the HR that he/she is earning this much amount monthly. i have recently submitted the documents. but please tell me , if probation thing is this much important in dis case, why they accepted mt documents?
i want to know ur opinion further about my case.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott