Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Inviting Parents on Tourist Visa

Toggle
Answer
1/14/08 4:58 PM
Hi,

I would like to invite my parents to visit Germany(Tourist Visa) for few weeks.I am aware that i have to obtain a Verplichtungerklärung.
Please let me know should i book the flight tickets before obtaining the Verplichtungerklärung and fix the exact dates.I came to know that German embassy is strict in issuing the visa and only gives the visa for exact dates which the tickets are booked not like issuing a visa for 3months period.
Also should i get the Insurance for them from India or Germany.If i get a Insurance for them from here then which one should i go for and will it be difficult to get Insurance if the age of parents above 60yrs.
Thanks
Sandeep
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Inviting Parents on Tourist Visa
Answer
1/14/08 5:16 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Yes, you should get the Verplichtungserklärung for your parents. Inform them that the duration is for three months. I do not see the Ticket requirement in the website.
http://www.mumbai.diplo.de/Vertretung/mumbai/en/01/Visabestimmungen/Visa-General_20Information/seite__visa__general__info.html

So do not book the tickets before the visa is issued and ask you parents to apply for three months visa. You can book the ticket as you see fit.

Regarding travel insurance, it is always better to get it from germany. Proves that you are financially supporting them for the trip.

http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/insurances_proplems#msg77918
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/08 12:17 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
No, Now you have to provide einreise datum (arrival date), which will be print on Verplichtungerklärung. Accd. to that German embassy in India will calculate 90days and provide Visa. Tickets booking is not must but date you to provide.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/08 1:04 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Thanks
As you have mentioned that now they need einrise datum.But as per the checklist given on the website of German Embassy New Delhi.It shows that Confirmed Flight Reservation is mandatory.

http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/images/Checklist%20Tourist%20Visa%20with%20Tour.pdf
According to this checklist
10.Confirmed Flight Reservation,also showing flights within Schengen Areas.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/09 12:29 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Hello,

I have alreary invited my parents. That time I got the "Verplichtungerklärung" to invite them. Please anybody let me know I need it again to invite my parents for second time?

TS
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/23/09 12:44 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Yes if it has already expired.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/16/10 7:57 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Hi,

My parents came to Germany last year (August.2009-October.2009). Recently, I have sent an invitation (including a Verplichtungerklärung)asking them to vist me from the mid of October 2010.

As they are visiting Germany for the second time, is it required that have to visit German Consulate for stamping? Last year, they had to collect passports in the German Consulate, Chennai.

Regards, Anil.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/16/10 10:31 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Hi Sandeep,

Get the tickets blocked without buying. It works. Buy ADAC insurance. If your parents are above 60 then it costs extra. But you can return insurance @€8 if they change their plan or you can get the dates changed. I do not know how it is now but I bought an Indian insurance in 2003. I had to visit hospital (Notfal) and my bills were not reimburesed. They found some XYZ clause and refused to return amount. With ADAC selbstbeteiligung is 50€ pro krankheit doesn't matter if emergency or flu. But the insurance is at least 2x more expensiive than one bought in India.

-Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/17/10 1:47 PM as a reply to sandeep kumar.
Check MAWISTA

http://www.mawista.com/vide/

offers much better conditions and office staff is very friendly...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott