Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Chennai consulate checklist for family reunion visa wife

Toggle
Hi,

My wife is going  to chennai consulate in this month ending to apply for family reunion visa.
Can any one who has recently submitted application successfully may please provide the checklist for family reunion visa?

This is because I found 2 checklists and I am confused which checklist to follow.
I have attached the checklists for your reference.

Thanks,
Kommuru
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Chennai consulate checklist for family reunion visa wife
Answer
9/19/17 9:15 PM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
Hi ,
Good to know that your wife is going to apply for family reunion visa. Please conisder the first pdf attached in your message.
For your kind information, these are the mandatory:
1) Date of birth certifacte. (Only 10 class mark list certificate is not valid), if your dont have date of birth certificate, you need to get it from your MRO (Mandal revenue office).
2) Marriage certificate from Priest certificate: This is not common in our culture, but noting to worry about, you can get a formal letter from your pandit, who had got you married and just get that formal letter signed by him.
3) In case you dont have a Blue card, they might ask your wife for A1 level german language certificate.
4) german embassy employees are friendly and they will explain everything in details to your wife.

Most important is giving your proper address in india and also inform your neighbours who had attended the marriage . verification officer may ask them about your marriage  and ask them couple of questions regarding your marriage (when was the marriage and how many peopel attended etc.). 

Aftet submitting the docurmetns to embassy: it will take time up to 3 months, please don't loose patience and do not bother embassy. None will answer you how long it will take . Sometimes we come in such a saturated position why we have applied for this visa, shifting to India was a better option (if you truly love your wife). Believe me don't losse your patience.  It will take time and you will get visa if your documetns are vaild .

(*Dont submit any Forgery documents, verification officer does all the back ground check before they come to you.)
all the best. plz be free to ask if you have any further questions.
Gautam
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/17 10:03 PM as a reply to gautam sri karla.
Hi Goutam,

Thanks alot for providing me very good information. After seeing your response today, I have immediately sent a letter and informed my wife to get signature from the priest. Everything went cool!!

1. It took 3 months to get DOB for my wife. This was the actual reason for the delay in applying for visa.
2. Got the certificate from Priest after reading your response
3. I am a German citizen. So I hope my wife does not need A1 certificate
4. Thank you for the information.

Kindly provide me the following information.

1. my wife has to go to embassy or VFS? In some old documents its mentioned VFS. so just wanted to get clarified from you.
2. Do we need to submit any health insurance document for visa? Actually my health insurance TK has told that they will consider her only after her arrival in Germany
3. If you have any reference covering letter, can you please share with me?
4. Any idea about the locations visited by the verification officer for verifying the marriage?

Thanks alot !!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/17 8:56 PM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
 I am a German citizen. So I hope my wife does not need A1 certificate 
reply: No need 
Kindly provide me the following information.
wife has to go to embassy or VFS? In some old documents its mentioned VFS. so just wanted to get clarified from you.
Reply : she should vist  german embassy in chennai, not vsf 
2. Do we need to submit any health insurance document for visa? Actually my health insurance TK has told that they will consider her only after her arrival in Germany 

Reply : no need 
3. If you have any reference covering letter, can you please share with me?

4. Any idea about the locations visited by the verification officer for verifying the marriage?
They will vist: registration office , function hall (better to have invocie of the function hall booking) or any register  maintained by the function hall managment where you got married. Its better to inform them in advnace . 

5) most important thing is to carry photographes of your marriage where the function hall is shown, 
I mean the entrance of the function hall and its front view . 

you can also email me at ksgautam555@gamil.com, as I visit this website not so often.

regards,
gautam
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/19/18 8:52 AM as a reply to gautam sri karla.
Hellocould you please post a sample of cover letter for spouse visa. Am applying from kolkata.

thanks and best regards,

Chandrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/10/19 11:32 AM as a reply to venkata kommuru.
Hey, how did it go with your spouse visa ? My wife is supposed to be visiting Chennai consulate this April. any guidance or suggestions ?

I will have only 2 months of payslip by then - will that be an issue ?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18