Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Blue Card spouse visit without a family union visa

Hi Everyone,

I have almost searched the entire forum but can't find a similar case, hope someone who could help. Orz

I am a Blue Card holder, and my wife will be moving from Malaysia to Germany one month later. 

According to this document, http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/EinreiseUndAufenthalt/03_Visabestimmungen/StaatenlisteVisumpflicht_node.html, Malaysian can visit Germany up to 90 days without a Visa. Before her arrival, I will make an appointment to register her residence in Germany, so 90 days should be long enough for the process.

So my question is,
  1. Is it possible that my wife visits Germany without applying for a family reunion visa? 
  2. Does she need to go back to Malaysia for applying for her residence permit after she arrived Germany? (I saw some people said that you can't change your status from another status to residence status in Germany)
  3. What documents (other than a passport) need to provide in the airport? Because she will visit without a return ticket. 

Thanks =)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18