Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Zab verification Processing time (blue card applied for with contract)

Hi,

I applied last week for a blue card with a contract. I received an email today from the embassy of Germany in London, saying I need to verify my foreign degrees. The institution provided my Masters degree is recognised (H+), but the degree is not listed.

I will send all the documents tomorrow (Application form, Passport, contract, original degree certificate and transcripts). It should arrive on Wednesday (first class delivery). I specified in the application form that I have already applied for a blue card with a contract (that is more than 50k euro per year). 

The problem is my work start on the 1st of September. The employer is very strict on that. 

Questions:

- How long is the processing time in my case (an estimation)?
- Can I convert my application from blue card to work permit if I see that the processing time is too long?
- Which degrees I need to apply for the comparability for, should I just apply for the highest or all of them?

Thanks.
+1 (1 Stimme)

Med:
Hi,

I applied last week for a blue card with a contract. I received an email today from the embassy of Germany in London, saying I need to verify my foreign degrees. The institution provided my Masters degree is recognised (H+), but the degree is not listed.

I will send all the documents tomorrow (Application form, Passport, contract, original degree certificate and transcripts). It should arrive on Wednesday (first class delivery). I specified in the application form that I have already applied for a blue card with a contract (that is more than 50k euro per year). 

The problem is my work start on the 1st of September. The employer is very strict on that. 

Questions:

- How long is the processing time in my case (an estimation)?

8 to 12 weeks 

- Can I convert my application from blue card to work permit if I see that the processing time is too long?

For Normal work permit also it is required to have ZAB verification.

- Which degrees I need to apply for the comparability for, should I just apply for the highest or all of them?
Minimum Bachelor is sufficient for blue card and the job should be related to your qualification.

Thanks.
+1 (1 Stimme)

Antwort
15.08.17 09:09 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Thanks for your reply. 

Do they have a fast track or a priority service I can pay for? Or is there a way to accelerate the process? because it is an important European project and the company may lose the funding if I don't get there on time. And it not my fault I didn't apply early as I received the contract just few weeks ago.
0 (0 Stimmen)

There is no way of any fast processing as far as my knowledge. If it is an european special project, then you will get your visa soon without any delay. 

But If they ask for your degree verification means, they dont understand your urgency and importance of your project...

Here little bit bureaucracy, so all goes in normal speed only like others. 
+1 (1 Stimme)

Antwort
15.08.17 09:17 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Thanks again for your quick reply. I think I will contact the visa section of the embassy and re-explain my situation. 
0 (0 Stimmen)

Better ask your company to explain the situation to the local foreigner office (Auslanderbehörde)
+1 (1 Stimme)

Antwort
15.08.17 09:38 als Antwort auf moon mal.
Sorry, I just want to confirm my understanding. I am trying to go to hamburg, so I should tell the company to contact the foreigner office of Hamburg? (by local you mean Hamburg, not London where the embassy is?)
0 (0 Stimmen)

Yes ask  your employer to contact hamburg office
+1 (1 Stimme)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3