Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Changing jobs while NE is in process

Changing jobs while NE is in process
Antwort
20.04.17 13:34
Hi All,
I have lived and worked in Frankfurt since 2012, I was initially on  a deputation here and started with a regular residence work permit (under section 28/29 - not sure) which lasted until 2015. Since then (more than 2 years) I have a local contract and been on a Blue card, that is when I also started paying my SS contributions.
I needed to renew my permit, since the original BC was only valid for 2 years (due to the first contract I had being a limited one). When I went for my appointment for renewal in Feb (around 23 months BC validity), I applied for a Niederlassungserlaubnis since I was eligible for it under the 21 months' rule of the Blue card.
It has been 8 weeks, but I am still awaiting the card/letter to arrive. On enquiring I was told they do not know how long it will take. I have a Fiktionsbescheinigung valid until end of May, and they said If I do not get it until then (almost 3 months later) I should go to them for an extension (and I cannot get an appointment, I must go stand in the queue). The FB states that my employment is limited to my current employer, since the officer told me that they have to put the conditions of the original BC zusatzblatt on it.

Now, I have an offer from a company that I want to take up, but have the following questions:

1. Am I obliged to inform the ABH before I resign from my current job.
2. If I do not receive the NE before I join the next job, can I get a different interim permit other than the FB, which states I can work freely (as per the 24 month BC rule)?
3. Is there a stipulated timeframe within which I should be informed of the NE decision?

Apologies for the longish background, but I thought it is relevant. I would appreciate any response on these queries. I must resign before the end of the month if I want to be able to make the deadline of joining the new job, so there is also some time pressure for me to figure this out. Will be grateful for any guidance. 

Thanks in advance!!
MR
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3