Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Need Assistance in dependent Visa

Toggle
Need Assistance in dependent Visa
Answer
3/23/16 1:02 PM
Hi,

I have applied for dependent visa for my wife from last november. I have met the Visa office in Munich, now they say the validity of my visa is only 3 months. first they have asked to extend my visa. I have got the new contract letter from my employer. But the visa office is on vacation for 2 weeks. There is lot of delay in this process. I am contemplating to cancel this dependent visa and apply for visiting visa, so she can come here for 3 months.

Can anyone suggest me any visa agent/lawyer in Munich who can assist me in this?

Thanks
Prabhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/16 12:10 PM as a reply to Prabhu Shankar R.
Hi Prabhu,

I am sorry, but I do not know anybody in Munich who can help and I am not sure if it is a good idea to hire a lawyer. I guess you have to  wait for the dependent visa and it will not be possible to apply for a visit visa at the same time. If you stop the dependent visa application, there is no guarantee that the visitor visa will be given.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/16 12:54 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hello Detlef,

I am currently in Munich on a National Visa, reached here in January 2016.
We have applied for dependent visa for my wife and kids on 17th March 2016.

We are very confused with the entire process.

As per the website, it mentions about a verification process for which an additional fee may be required and a form required to be filled.
The officer at the mumbai consulate didn't ask for this, they asked for some additional documents from me (rental agreement showing square feet area) and the employment contract.
Now we have no idea what is going on, the website again mentions that no queries will be entertained before 8-12 weeks.
How can one follow up on these cases to understand the current status?

Our documents are pretty straight forward
- Marriage certificate - Issued by Registrar (Court) - Issued in Metropolitan City - In English - Originals
- Birth Certificate - Originals - English - Issued in Metropolitan City
- Masters Degree - Originals - English - Issued in Metropolitan City by a major university
Same for the children as well.
Do all applications take 8-12 weeks for processing or its only in specific cases where a lawyer needs to visit to validate all documents.

Please help!

Regards,
Salil
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/16 8:41 PM as a reply to Prabhu Shankar R.
Prabhu Shankar R:
Hi,

I have applied for dependent visa for my wife from last november. I have met the Visa office in Munich, now they say the validity of my visa is only 3 months. first they have asked to extend my visa. I have got the new contract letter from my employer. But the visa office is on vacation for 2 weeks. There is lot of delay in this process. I am contemplating to cancel this dependent visa and apply for visiting visa, so she can come here for 3 months.

Can anyone suggest me any visa agent/lawyer in Munich who can assist me in this?

Thanks
Prabhu

Hello,

Can you please elaborate what took so long for your wife's dependent visa.

I was in similar situation as yours. It took 6 months for me to get clear understanding of what was happening and it was gonna take a long time more so I decided to cancel the spouse visa and applied for tourist visa. The tourist visa got rejected so we applied again with the approval letter of our visa officer stating that "Visa office does not have any problem with the application of tourist visa" and then it tourist visa got approved. So, it is indeed not guranteed that you would get any other visa once you cancel spouse visa. Luckly in our case we did but I know how it feels
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott