Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: Query regarding citizenship

Toggle
Query regarding citizenship
Answer
11/10/16 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to draw your attention towards the following query of mine.
My 2-month-old daughter has a German citizenship by birth. Me and my wife are Indian citizens.
If we relocate to India (with an OCI for my daughter), will my daughter still be able retain her German citizenship forever or is there any clause or limitation that one has to stay some minimum time in Germany to retain the citizenship.

Also, I was told by ABH that when my daughter turns 18, she can go for either Indian or German nationality. Will this hold true even if my daughter lives in India for the next 18 yrs.

In case if you have any website links relating to above, please share. I would appreciate that.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/10/16 2:44 PM as a reply to Curious.
Hi Curious,

read Katja's new blog article about German Citizenship (on the right).

Maybe it helps, otherwise you can contact her.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/18 11:11 AM as a reply to Curious.
Curious:
My 2-month-old daughter has a German citizenship by birth. Me and my wife are Indian citizens.

If you both are Indian citizen, your daughter can't be German, even by birth, Jus soli (right of the soil) is in Germany inexistant. One of the parents has to be German in order for the new born child to be German.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/19 3:31 PM as a reply to NoBody.
@ nobody
Seems wrong info,
* If parents are more than 8 years in germany , with valid work / residence permit,
* Soon after 5 years if they get a baby in germany, then the baby get automatically '' german citizenship''
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 6:07 PM as a reply to trust7.
Interesting post i love it keep posting more!  bathroom remodeling corpus christi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 8:21 PM as a reply to Curious.
Awesome site i love it keep posting more   storage sheds lexington ky
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124