Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: Birth certificate of new born

Toggle
Birth certificate of new born
Answer
9/7/16 11:06 AM
Dear community members, 

Can anyone please let me know what are the documents needed for issuing a birth certificate of a new born. Our child is about to be born and I went to the hospital where I was told that I need the Abstammungsurkunde. As per google and wikipedia I understand that its the marriage certificate, which I also confirmed from Rathaus. However one thing that the Rathaus people were not sure of is whether the birth certificates of the me and my wife are also needed. I then called the Standesamt and I was infact told that I dont need any documents ! 

So I am a bit confused about whether me and my wife's birth certificate is also needed or not for issuing our child's birth certificate. It sounds strange to me why would they need our birth certificates, but I just want to be sure to avoid any last moment confusions.

Thanks in advance. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Birth certificate of new born
Answer
9/8/16 8:55 AM as a reply to Curious.
Curious:
Dear community members, 

Can anyone please let me know what are the documents needed for issuing a birth certificate of a new born. Our child is about to be born and I went to the hospital where I was told that I need the Abstammungsurkunde. As per google and wikipedia I understand that its the marriage certificate, which I also confirmed from Rathaus. However one thing that the Rathaus people were not sure of is whether the birth certificates of the me and my wife are also needed. I then called the Standesamt and I was infact told that I dont need any documents ! 

So I am a bit confused about whether me and my wife's birth certificate is also needed or not for issuing our child's birth certificate. It sounds strange to me why would they need our birth certificates, but I just want to be sure to avoid any last moment confusions.

Thanks in advance. 
Documents needed:
  1. Passports of both the Parents
  2. Residence Permit
  3. Marriage Certificate ( German translation might be needed, depending on in which city you are applying)
  4. Birthcertificates of both the parents. This is a tricky requiremtns. some accepts the DOB mentioned in the passport. Last year we applied in Munich. They were satisfied with the passports ans no extra birth certificates were needed.
Regards,
coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3