Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Fired during probation... next steps

Toggle
Fired during probation... next steps
Answer
8/21/16 12:36 PM
Hi everyone,

On Friday I was fired during my probationary period. I was served a two week notice, and I am technically employed till the 3rd of September. I was very close to quitting the job and have another job lined up. 

Being a non-eu citizen, I am concerned about the legal steps I need to take. The notice says I need to report to the unemployment agency within three days or forego unemployment benefits. However, since I have been employed here for just 350 days (different employers), I wouldn't receive them anyway. I have a blue-card which is attached to my emplyoers.

Could someone please tell me what I am legally required to do next?

Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/16 3:56 PM as a reply to Amit.
So you have 1 year probation time?

The first thing is to report unemployment to auslanderbehörde, that is required if you have any change on your job during first 2 years.

Then, you will get 3 month visa which allow you to continue stay in Germany to find a job.

If you cannot find a new job in 3 month, you have to leave Germany. In some case you can extend visa for a bit longer time, but it depends on case.

So now the immediate action is to book appointment, and start to prepare your CV. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/30/16 4:00 PM as a reply to Amit.
I'm really wish you can find a new job and keep stay here so please don't treat my below words as an offence:

In case you have to leave Germany, remember to de-register your address at Rathaus, and formally cancel all contracts (network, phone, power, renting, etc.), otherwise they will continue charge you from your account, and you'll be sued if you just stop paying them, then it will be very hard to you if you hope to re-enter Germany in the future.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott