Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: Parental Leave

Toggle
Parental Leave
Answer
7/13/16 4:00 PM
Dear all,
My wife and I are expecting our baby soon. I am interested to take a 1 month of parental leave. Is it true that I need to take atleast 2 months of parental leave in the first 14 months after birth of child.
Can someone please let me know, as I am getting conflicting information from different sources, so its not clear to me. I know that the parental leave (esp. for the father) need not be taken all at once, but can be broken down in the span of 14 months. But what I am not clear is the minimum that I need to take (1 or 2 months).

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Parental Leave
Answer
7/14/16 4:34 PM as a reply to Curious.
Curious:
Dear all,
My wife and I are expecting our baby soon. I am interested to take a 1 month of parental leave. Is it true that I need to take atleast 2 months of parental leave in the first 14 months after birth of child.
Can someone please let me know, as I am getting conflicting information from different sources, so its not clear to me. I know that the parental leave (esp. for the father) need not be taken all at once, but can be broken down in the span of 14 months. But what I am not clear is the minimum that I need to take (1 or 2 months).

Thanks in advance.
 I too encountered the same situation a year ago. According to information which i recieved from the officer in the "Elterngeld(Familienkasse)"
  • Elternzeit is not a holiday. So a minimum of 2 months is predefined. This should be taken within the 14 months of the baby's age.
  • In this 2 months, part-time upto 30h/weeks is allowed.

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18