Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Do my occupation in Shortage Occupation list for EU Blue card?

Toggle
Dear All,

I am a statistician by profession, I want to know if my profession is include in shortage occupation list?

I am confused as from link
http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/FragenAntworten/BlaueKarteEU/blaue-karte-eu-node.html

I
can see

"Section 2 subs. 2 of the German Employment Ordinance stipulates which occupations are regarded as jobs where there is a shortage of applicants. These are occupations belonging to Groups 21, 221 and 25 of the International Standard Classification of Occupations (ISCO), and particularly include natural scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors of human medicine (excluding dentists) and skilled academic personnel in the field of information and communication technology. You can find a complete list of the groups here:
http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/1978984/6037342/ISCO-08.pdf
"

My occupation statistician belongs to Group 21, but I have doubt whether they are considering only natural scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors of human medicine (excluding dentists) and skilled academic personnel in the field of information and communication technology from groups 21, 221 and 25 of the International Standard Classification of Occupations (ISCO).

Kindly guide
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Do my occupation in Shortage Occupation list for EU Blue card?
Answer
5/19/16 9:22 PM as a reply to Bfran007.
As staticians are considered to be a subgroup of matematicians, and are also listed below number 21, they should be included in the shortage occupations list. I wouldn't doubt that actually.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott