Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse National Visa Application - Mumbai

Toggle
Spouse National Visa Application - Mumbai
mumbai blue card national visa spouse german national visa
Answer
1/15/16 9:50 AM
Hello Everyone,
I would like to share the experience of applying for my wife's German national visa from Mumbai.
Probably, there are other similar posts too, but this is just to help others prepare better for their visa applications in future.

Well first, the german national visa application process is lengthy and redundant and won't make sense at times, specially when you get a re-verification request. So try to be pateint and just go with the flow. I am trying very hard to do the same.

Following was the procedure:

Oct 19 - My wife applied for National Visa @ German Embassy in Mumbai. (FYI - I am a EU Blue Card Holder since January 2015. )
- We applied only based on marriage certificate, and no other event photos or anything. So the lady at the embassy started asking questions like, Do have any additional photos from an event? Are your parents consent with marriage? Did you guys run away from home and get married? etc etc.
- The marriage certificate was signed by my parents & her parents, still such stupid offensive questions were asked.
- During the interview itself, the lady told my wife that your case will go in reverification and it can cost upto Rs40,000.
- To my surprise, th lady behind the counter was an Indian lady. All other embassys I have been to have the respective local nationals of that country.

Nov 1 - My spouse receives an email stating that she needs to pay additional Rs9000 for marriage certificate reverification process.
Nov 4 - She submitted the demand draft as requested.

Nov 27- A lawyer visited my wife's house and conducted the re-verification process. The process included, getting written documents from my wife, my in-laws & their neighbours, just stating that they are aware of the marriage and everything happened with consent.
- In my opinion, that reverification did not make sense, but anyway we provided all letters they requested.
- Additionally they requested some photographs from the court marriage.
- The lawyer told that the report will be submitted within next 7-10 days and you should get a reply back soon. 

My wife and I were supposed to travel to Germany on Dec 31st, but we had to cancel her ticket as we didnt have her visa.

January 8 - I contacted ABH Frankfurt and learnt that they sent the approval from Germany to India on that day and I should hear from Indian counterpart soon.

January 15 - Completes 3 months of my wife's application, but Embassy says, we have to wait. They do not have any reply yet.

In our case, I specially flew to India to have a court marriage in June, so my wife can apply 3 Months before her tentative travel date(Dec 31). And we did apply 3 months before my tentative travel date, but German Embassy does not consider your travel date relevant. 

My wife could have applied 4 months back and have the visa ready to fly back with me in December. But it was unfortunate for us that we weren't aware of such redundant, lengthy visa process, specially when you hve done everything legally and correctly.

And as of now, my wife and I are still waiting for her visa, and German Embasy in Mumbai will not provide any answer as to what is the hold up. They say, please wait. Thats all.

Frankly speaking, this process has been very frustrating and very disappointing for us.
Anyway, I hope this post helps to prepare others well for their application. Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Also please feel free to make any suggestions too.

Thank you!

Regards,
Aakash Patwa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/15/16 10:57 AM as a reply to Aakash Patwa.
Aakash Patwa:
Hello Everyone,
I would like to share the experience of applying for my wife's German national visa from Mumbai.
Probably, there are other similar posts too, but this is just to help others prepare better for their visa applications in future.

Well first, the german national visa application process is lengthy and redundant and won't make sense at times, specially when you get a re-verification request. So try to be pateint and just go with the flow. I am trying very hard to do the same.

German spouse visa process is definitely a lengthy process but much needed to weedout the fake applicants. German embassy still recieve fake applications from India.

Following was the procedure:

Oct 19 - My wife applied for National Visa @ German Embassy in Mumbai. (FYI - I am a EU Blue Card Holder since January 2015. )
- We applied only based on marriage certificate, and no other event photos or anything. So the lady at the embassy started asking questions like, Do have any additional photos from an event? Are your parents consent with marriage? Did you guys run away from home and get married? etc etc.
- The marriage certificate was signed by my parents & her parents, still such stupid offensive questions were asked.
- During the interview itself, the lady told my wife that your case will go in reverification and it can cost upto Rs40,000.
- To my surprise, th lady behind the counter was an Indian lady. All other embassys I have been to have the respective local nationals of that country.

Nov 1 - My spouse receives an email stating that she needs to pay additional Rs9000 for marriage certificate reverification process.
Nov 4 - She submitted the demand draft as requested.

Nov 27- A lawyer visited my wife's house and conducted the re-verification process. The process included, getting written documents from my wife, my in-laws & their neighbours, just stating that they are aware of the marriage and everything happened with consent.
- In my opinion, that reverification did not make sense, but anyway we provided all letters they requested.
- Additionally they requested some photographs from the court marriage.
- The lawyer told that the report will be submitted within next 7-10 days and you should get a reply back soon. 

My wife and I were supposed to travel to Germany on Dec 31st, but we had to cancel her ticket as we didnt have her visa.

January 8 - I contacted ABH Frankfurt and learnt that they sent the approval from Germany to India on that day and I should hear from Indian counterpart soon.

January 15 - Completes 3 months of my wife's application, but Embassy says, we have to wait. They do not have any reply yet.

In our case, I specially flew to India to have a court marriage in June, so my wife can apply 3 Months before her tentative travel date(Dec 31). And we did apply 3 months before my tentative travel date, but German Embassy does not consider your travel date relevant. 

My wife could have applied 4 months back and have the visa ready to fly back with me in December. But it was unfortunate for us that we weren't aware of such redundant, lengthy visa process, specially when you hve done everything legally and correctly.

As per your knowledge you can done everything legally and correctly. But it has to be acknowledged by the German authorities and it takes time as they have their own process. And due to the new year and Christsmas holidays the process can be delayed for about 4 weeks.

And as of now, my wife and I are still waiting for her visa, and German Embasy in Mumbai will not provide any answer as to what is the hold up. They say, please wait. Thats all.
So just be patient and wait for the reply from the Embassy. it's the normal procedure.

Frankly speaking, this process has been very frustrating and very disappointing for us.
Anyway, I hope this post helps to prepare others well for their application. Please feel free to ask me any questions.
Also please feel free to make any suggestions too.

Thank you!

Regards,
Aakash Patwa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/16 11:47 AM as a reply to Aakash Patwa.
I received a letter from AuslanderBehorde to submit my details here in Frankfurt. Now after submitting the doucments, its time to wait again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/25/16 8:49 PM as a reply to Aakash Patwa.
Aakash Patwa:
I received a letter from AuslanderBehorde to submit my details here in Frankfurt. Now after submitting the doucments, its time to wait again.

So, can you let us know when your wife got her visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott