Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Passport renewed and Need help on Visa extension process

Toggle
Passport renewed and Need help on Visa extension process
visaextension germanresidencepermit germanresidencepermitextension
Answer
12/21/15 6:36 PM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have got a question here. My passport was supposed to get expired in the month of May, 2015 and thus my residence permit had also been issued till the end of my passport expiry date. Same applies for my wife. I have got the Passport renewed for another 10 years and I would need your help on the following two things.

1) Can I already go ahead and apply for Visa extension. I still have 5 more months of time before the Residence Permit expires ?

2) When I apply for Visa extension, what are the documents that I would need to get the Residence permit extended and tag the new passport to the residence permit.  I am assuming following documents are enough.

1) Last 3 Months Payslips from the employer
2) Original work contract 
3) House Rental Agreement 
4) City Registration document
5) Social Security Number Confirmation ( Rentenversicherung )
6) Health Insurance confirmation

Do I need anything else ?

Your help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,

BK
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Passport renewed and Need help on Visa extension process
Answer
12/21/15 6:56 PM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
Yes you can apply, you don't need to wait. Your documents seem sufficient to me, they won't ask anything additional than what they asked the first time.

Best,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/16 11:09 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
ARNHEM - Thank you for your reply. I have another question and I hope you could answer this. I was looking at the Visa extension application form and stumbled on question.18 wherein they ask about "Intended duration of Stay in the FRG".  Well, I have a permanent job here and thus I do not know what to put should I put this as from today's date till Unbefristet ? Would that be accepted.

Thanks & Best Regards,

BK
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/16 4:43 PM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
What you write there won't affect their decision, since they cannot issue you a settlement permit you can write something like "as long as the employment is valid". Or leave it empty and simply ask your case officer.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott