Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Is there a difference between Family Reunion and Long Stay / Dependent

Toggle
Hi,

it is family reunion visa. As a spouse of a Blue Card holder you do not need to have German language knowledge.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Dear Sir,

Appreciate your response.

I had written to the German Embassy as well parallely and they have responded back saying that I should apply for Long Stay Dependent Visa. I am confused now.

Would you know how is the Family Reunion Visa different from Long Stay Dependent Visa ? Can I work in Germany if I apply for either of the visas ?

Regards,
Richa
0 (0 Votes)

Hi Richa,

I do not know what you nean with 'Long Stay Dependent Visa'? Maybe we are talking about the same type of visa?

Please read the official FAQs about the Blue Card..

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/FragenAntworten/BlaueKarteEU/blaue-karte-eu-node.html

As a spouse of a Blue Card holder you do not need to proof basic knowledge of the German language and you can take any kind of job in Germany, without restrictions and minimum salary. In fact the conditions for a spouse are better than for the Blue Card holder himself.

Good luck
Detlef emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3