Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Formal Obligation Letter for my wife in Germany

Toggle
I will be travelling to Germany on 1st week of October on work permit, I am planning to call my wife during 1st week of November for tourist visa but as she is house wife and not earning so I guess I have to sponsor her Visa and need to get Formal Obligation Letter from town hall once i reach there.

My question is can i initiate the process as soon as I will reach Germany(I have the residence visa and residence contract as well) but on the name of the documents I can only provide employment contract, salary statements for 3 months of Indian salary account because i will get salary in Germany only by November.

So will i get Formal Obligation letter in this condition or there will be any waiting time to get it?

Thanks in advance
Gaurav

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Formal Obligation Letter for my wife in Germany
Answer
9/30/15 10:00 AM as a reply to Gaurav Dubey.
For formal obligation letter, they need 3 months of German pay slips. On top of that, German consulates in India hardly considers visit visas for spouses with obligation letter as they ask you to apply family reunion visa instead.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/30/15 11:05 AM as a reply to hprj.
Ok thanks for reply, but i guess if she will apply for toursit visa for small period of time then formal obligation letter is not required and only invitation letter will do the purpose? I am right?

Also without obligation letter, maximum how many days tourist visa she can get?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/15 2:05 PM as a reply to Gaurav Dubey.
Tourist visa maximum duration is 90 days. Every applicant has right to apply to the maximum if he/she fulfills all the requirements. It can be with or without obligation letter. My personal suggestion is, do not bring wife and husband funda. Instead, spend some extra bucks and let her apply as a normal tourist for whatever period you need. Playing safe always works. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/15 7:35 PM as a reply to hprj.
Ok, Yes i know that but the only thing was she is house wife and even though she has sufficient balance in her account she have not filed ITR ever. So this is the reason i was thinking whether it can create any issue.

Also any idea what is the sufficient balance is required to stay 2 months on tourist visa?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/1/15 10:46 AM as a reply to Gaurav Dubey.
In general , German consulates do not grant Tourist Visas to applicants to ''visit'' their spouses residing in Germany. They generally reject such applications and ask you to apply for a Family Reunion Visa instead. And the fact that your wife is a housewife makes your case even weaker. If she had a job in India then it would have been a strong reason for her to come back to India. In your case there is a high probability that your wife's Tourist visa might get rejected with the reason ''Your intention to leave the territory of the Schengen States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained''.           What kind of work permit do you have and what is its duration? Do you have a Blue Card?                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott