Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Mistake in application form

Toggle
Mistake in application form
Answer
12/4/14 12:37 PM
Hi All
I must admit, this is byfar the best forum i have seen on visa related queries.

I just submitted my work visa application (I have a job contract from German employer), my wife and kids family reunion/dependant applications today at the German Embassy. Came back home and realised a mistake in the application forms submitted.(I hate myself for doing such a stupid mistake ) 

Mistake :
In the current address section section I have mentioned my permanent address (one on our passport) but we are not living on this address since last 1 yr and I have a tenant who lives there. I do have the rent agreement of my current address. (I am living in nearby town, close to my permanent address so if required I can reach within 1 hr to my permanent address)

Embassy has taken the fees for verification for my wife and kids documentation. I feel they will verify address details also apart from marriage ,school and college documentation for my wife and birth and address details of my kid.

Please suggest if anyone has faced such a situation.
My Qns is  :
Can I still contact Embassy (via phone,email) and request them for updating my file, will they entertain my request or I am throwing myself into trouble.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 2:03 PM as a reply to rocky san.
This will not have any impact on your visa.

Any communication will sent to the permanent address.

Your file has already reached Germany. Their concern in genuiness of the marriage and birth certificate.

Have you already got preapproval from labour office?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 2:16 PM as a reply to rocky san.
Although its difficult to say what would happen if you do inform them or do not inform them of your mistake,  I would call up the embassy and inform them just to avoid any unnecessary complications. I am assuming if any correspondances are to be made then tehy would be made to your current address.
You can just mention that at the time of issue of passport you were residing on that address. Now its changed.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 2:41 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit / Strangerules

Gives me some hope

I was on a schenegen visa last month and got the unlimited job contract
Also My Employer filled the  "Bundesagentur Fur Arbeit form Job Profile as required by the Federal Employment Agency (BA) " - and the company HR signed and put the company stamp on it

These are only 2 documents on basis of which I applied for long term visa. I dont have any other letter/approval from labour office.

Also marriage and birth certificate both are genuine issued by govt bodies. My concern is what happens if the Verification guys reached my permanent address(which i mentioned as my current address and I am not avaible there).

And I do feel for kids verification they will reach my permanent address since my kids birth cert has that address on it.

I did call the Embassy helpline number and the lady said, drop us an email about this. But she too was not sure if this will be entertained or not.  So I am confused
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 2:58 PM as a reply to rocky san.
Hi rocksan,
The only reason why the verification guys would go to your permanent address because you have
entered your current address as your permanent address which if i understood you right is the mistake?
I also dont think they would approach your permanent address because it is on your childs birth certificate. Because despite its name, the socalled permanent address may change.
Even on the permanent address I mentioned on my passport, some other tenants live now. Infact
we even changed our city entirely.

Concerning dropping in an email, I did write to the embassy during my wifes visa processing and they replied after about a week.

Concerning the other documents needed, the embassy would itself inquire with your company if it needs any further documents or may even ask you to provide. So there is no problem there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 3:36 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Hey Strangerules

so when you applied for your wife's visa, were you not living on your current address (address you mentioned on application form)

And did you later on sent an email to embassy (post submitting your application), to update your current addresss for any communication. If "Yes" was there any issue, or they gladly updated their records and started communicating with you on the new current address.

If they updated their records post your email, then I beleive I can send them them email too
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 4:52 PM as a reply to rocky san.
rocksan:
Hey Strangerules

so when you applied for your wife's visa, were you not living on your current address (address you mentioned on application form)

And did you later on sent an email to embassy (post submitting your application), to update your current addresss for any communication. If "Yes" was there any issue, or they gladly updated their records and started communicating with you on the new current address.

If they updated their records post your email, then I beleive I can send them them email too
No No. We never had to change our address.
We had written to the embassy about other matters. All I wanted to say is that they do respond to email queries. We even sent my wifes german language certificate via email to the embassy. They also accepted it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/4/14 7:21 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Thanks for clarification

I see in your case it was value addition and in my case it kinda negative. so I am not sure if I should drop an email and request for address update or leave it the way it is.

Please suggest guys should drop and email and update the embassy with my new current address
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 4:20 AM as a reply to rocky san.
Send an email to the consulate or embassy

stating that you have provided ur permanent address in your visa application of your family. Your current address is different from permanent address. Ask them to update ur current address in your file.  

They are not fussy about this address thingy.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 10:40 AM as a reply to rocky san.
I agree with cebit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 11:34 AM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Thanks much Cebit and Strangerules

I have sent the email to embassy, requesting to update our current address of correspondence in respective files. 

Thanks for all the guidance and support fellas.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/19/15 1:03 PM as a reply to rocky san.
Hi Rocksan/Cebit/Strangerules,

I read your post and want to know whether you got everything cleared. I applied for Spouse Visa (National Visa) on 21st May 2015 but haven't heard anything from German Embassy, Chennai India. I am living here alone under an impression that I will get the visa or atleast any news within a month. Now I want to move to my native place (different state). Can I write to embassy and ask them to change my address and explain them my conditon? Will they understand? 

My husband contacted the alien office in Germany and they said they have received my file (that's it-nothing else).
I have not received any email from the embassy stating for any DD or further documents. Shall I wait for some more time or shall I write them to update on the status.

Please help.

Vish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/29/15 3:35 PM as a reply to Vish.
Hello Vish  ..I think  you should wait if they have communicated, i know its not easy and being human we get impatient.... but they do respond
Btw I my case cleared  and my dependents got the communication in 7th or 8th week ....and i had the exact scenario and applied from delhi
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott