Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

RE: New German Driving license or go for exchange with Indian driving licen

Toggle
Hello All,

I am planning now to have German driving license. I have Indian driving license 1 yr old and I can driver but not a regular driver. Now my questions are as follows,

1. Should I go for opting a new German driving license from the scratch as beginner I mean going through 14 theory classes , 12 hrs driving lessons etc?

2. Or I should exchange my indian license with the Indian one and get some driving practice from a driving school?

Also note that I don't have any experience in driving in European region. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: New German Driving license or go for exchange with Indian driving licen
driving license
Answer
6/4/15 11:25 AM as a reply to Ranadeep Dhar.
vortexigi08 wrote::
1. Should I go for opting a new German driving license from the scratch as beginner I mean going through 14 theory classes , 12 hrs driving lessons etc?vortexig08 wrote:
Depends on your nationality. Some nationalities just need to convert it, some just join the exam and some do have to take full course + exam. Just go to a driving license school and ask.

If at least a practical exam is required but not the course, I still advise to take some lessons by a course because the rules in Germany are different than other nations like India. For example there are strict rules for resident areas (30 km/h) especially at crossroads. If you don't show your know-how here during the practical exam you can fail.

I was Turkish nationality and for my citizenship I had to convert the driving license within 3 years by just passing the exam. However I took some lessons and voluntarily joined the courses. Despite that I failed the practical exam 2 times (both mistakes in 30km/h zones). I could pass the exam in the 3rd try.

Exam is made up of theoretical (multiple choice questions and pratical (an examiner will test you on the street). Theoretical exams are in many languages but during my time only German was on PC, the other were on paper. Translations in other languages might be bad. I had checked the Turkish exams and the language was awful - very bad translation. Then I decided to take the German exam.

Theoretical exams preparations -especially in German- are available in internet or go to a library and borrow a CD of theoretical exams etc.

At practical exams examiner might not know English language. Therefore I strongly recommend to check the drving license school about this. They are finding the examiners. If you tell them that you need English etc, they can help you to find an examiner who has English skills.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott