Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: BlueCard problem

Toggle
BlueCard problem
Answer
5/21/15 9:46 PM
Hello,

I have quite a big and urgent problem. I'm holder of BlueCard for 11 months that I got in Hessen.
I have moved to Munich and went today in immigration office with my new contract. They asked me for my Uni diploma and said that it is ANABIN H+/- and that my BC cannot be approved. Eventhough it was already approved.
They said that I have to write to the institution that has to check if my diploma is good or not, what I already did but waiting time is up to 2 months and my contract starts in 10 days. I'm here with my family and the idea of being without salary means go back home.
I have to say that I have 9 years working experience as a IT engineer in leading world companies. And my salary is more than double needed for MINT professions.
Any idea, advice would be more than welcome cause we are completely shocked.
Thank you!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/15 11:07 PM as a reply to Bojan Pavlovic.
Hi,

this is annoying! I guess you spoke to someone who is not qualified. Usually you should get the permission in a hour, as long as everything is like you told us.

Go there again and ask for someone else to speak to, the team leader or the boss of the department. Be polite but self confident.

If this not work ask your new employer for help and/or hire a lawyer.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/21/15 11:32 PM as a reply to Bojan Pavlovic.
Their reasoning is very hard to understand. You already got a blue card, which means your degree was already recognized. You should speak to somebody else in that office, she may just be trying to create problems.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 12:26 AM as a reply to Arnhem.
Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
All that I wrote is 100% what happened today.
She directed me to Servicestelle zur Erschliessung ausländischer Qualifikationen. I have already sent them email. Also she stated that I cannot have my BC anymore + that I cannot have any other visa. I'm repeating, my salary with bonus is equal to the level of experts.
In front of me she contacted her boss and he/she confirmed the same.
It is completely insane that one rules working in Hessen are not worth nothing in Bayern. I cannot accept this. And the worst is that it is under big question mark if I can start working on time. Not to mention that my new employer already planned 3 business trips for me in first 3 weeks.
Is there a office stronger than Service-Centers für Internationale Fachkräfte where I can go?
Thank you again for answers and I hope this agony will have happy end.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 5:27 AM as a reply to Bojan Pavlovic.
A fast way I can think is to go through a lawyer.

Another example why every foreigner in Germany should have a Rechtsschutzversicherung (legal expense insurance) to cover expenses for Verwaltungsrecht (administrative law) and Arbeitsrecht (labour law) problems in Germany.

Such insurances cannot be used in the first 3 months after they have been signed.

I have seen in these forums many cases over the years that high-qualified foreigners lack necessary German language skills and knowhow about Foreign Rights.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 10:21 AM as a reply to klenze17 holmenkollen.
Hi,

there is one thing I want to add...

This is not your problem only, it is your new employers problem too! So ask him to take care of your case, I am sure it is easier for him or for the HR person in this company, than for you.

I guess this person is German or can communicate in German language perfectly. I am an employer myself and I know what I would do.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 1:19 PM as a reply to Bojan Pavlovic.
This is such an unexpected problem. Does Deutschland Hessen & Bayern maintain 2 different Anabin Databases where one Database is enetered by some educated person and the second database is done by some drunk from the street.

By issuing a blue card the visa office has indicated that they have approved your education and now in Munich they try to conflict their own recognition system. Real stupid system in Deutschland.

I guess your best option to hire lawyer. Is there a possibility for you to reside bit far from Munich and try the workpermit from that location - hopefully the that visa office might have a educated person and not some ..........
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 2:23 PM as a reply to Lee Rosy.
Hello everyone,

First I would like to say big thanks to all of you. And I guess that my today's experience will sound like a science fiction.

I went there again and contacted lawyer in the meantime. He said that I'm not the first one with this situation.

Anyhow I went there and there were completely different people working. I said what is the problem, asked for help cause this is all not my fault and without any problems my BC was renewed.

Lesson learned - it's not which papers you have, important is the person on the other side. And if I was lucky enough to come this morning instead of yesterday I would not go to hell and back in 24 hours.

Once again, thank you all. I'm sorry I don't have more precise info to share, cause luck is the main factor.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/22/15 4:56 PM as a reply to Bojan Pavlovic.
Good fou you and congrats. These kind of officers really make look the visa processing as if you are climbing Mount Everst. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott