Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

For Sale - Zu Verkaufen!

RE: Birth and Marriage Certificate Verification.

Toggle
Dear all,

Recently I have applied for Citizenship in our Landratsamt.

Today I received a letter stating that they need to verify the authenticity of my marriage as well as birth certificate,

"As Indian personal documents do not dispose of sufficient security featuers, neither legalisation nor apostille are recognized by German authorities".

I am living with my wife almost 4 years in Germany, and the verification was already done. I have the attestation from the state government and Apostille from Central goverment of India.

Also recently I got my birth certificate also attestated from the state government and Apostille from Central Government of India.

Then after researching very deep I have found the following reason, that Germany don't accept the Apostille from India.

Germany, 21-04-2005 (Translation)

India has declared its accession to the Hague Convention abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents of 5 October 1961.
The Embassy hereby raises an objection to India's accession with reference to article 12, paragraph 2, of the Convention.

I am not concerned about the birth certificate but in case of marriage why they need again the verification.

Expecting some Expert comments on my topic. Also would like to discuss more on Hague conventional on Private International law in this post.

Kindly show your Interest and ideas...
Cheers
BT
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/15 11:39 AM as a reply to Brain Teaser.
Hallo BT,

If the marriage or dob is attested by german embassy in india then you can ask standesamt why they like to verify the documents again but in case if your marriage and dob are attested by state or central govt. they will not be accepting the documents anymore. You have to pay them the money that they will quote and they will send all of your reqd. docs to german embassy in delhi and from delhi or at your nearest area a person will be appointed, who will investigate about ur marriage and dob and report it back to delhi. Once you receive a clearence from them, you can change a name or make a german marriage certificate and apply for german pass and id.

Unfortunately, everyone have to go through this tiring process.

Goodluck
BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/15 4:05 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
<p>Hallo Basbrem,</p>
<p>Thankyou very much for your reply.</p>
<p>I know about the procedure to send a private detective for marriage verification. Do you know the procedure of birth ceŕtificate verification?</p>
<p>Thank you</p>
<p>Cheers</p>
<p>BT</p>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/15 8:33 PM as a reply to Brain Teaser.
Hi,

i am not sure about dob verification. May be the detective might also verify the dob where it is generated and authentify. But they will charge as per the documents.

More the verification of documents, more the money you may need to pay. Usually
btw 350 to 400 or some times more.

Mine is just started, lets c how the things will go.

good luck
BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/15 9:26 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hello Basbrem,

In which city have you applied Citizenship ? It is really time consuming. I am also thinking to apply for citizenship. Could you tell me what documents have you submitted ?

Thanks and best regards,
Ken
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/15 11:37 AM as a reply to Kamal Patel.
Hello Ken,

good to hear that you would like to apply for citizenship. i have applied my application in Bremen state. The application processing time varies from one state to other. So you have to have luck and right person. Most importantly, your communication in german, working employee and einbürgerungs test, B1. Pl. visit einbürgerungs office in your city and check whether you are eligible to apply for citizenship. If you are, then the officer will give you an application and the list of documents that you will need to submit along with completed application form.

i hope this info helps.

good luck
basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/15 11:55 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi Basbrem
Did you had your birth certificate investigation during your citizenship process?

Cheers
BT
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/15 12:27 PM as a reply to Brain Teaser.
Hi BT,

I do not know what they have verified. I submitted the application with all list of documents that they asked and the fees. They mainly check the criminal record here and in india i guess but i do not think that they will verify dob or marriage certificate, if they like to do so then they will ask for extra fees i guess to process your application.

mainly if you are dealing with making a german marriage certificate and changing your name then dob, marriage verification is a must. It all depends on the officer what actually he like to do with the application. we just hv to follow and hv patience.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/15 2:29 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hello All,

Thank you Basbrem. We have got an appointment to submitte application. My wife has wrong date in the DOB certificate. She has correct date in passport and all other documents. We have contacted india local authority and asked to change the date in birth certificate but its look like long process. We have to go via court order. 

We have checked in Indian embassy website and they also issue DOB certificate as per passport date and details. Is this DOB certificate valid ? I mean will Landratsamt accept it ?

https://www.indianembassy.de/pages.php?id=16

Thank you all!
BR,
Ken
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/15 5:41 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi,

If the indian embassy issue a dob as per passport then i think you may go ahead with this process and once you have it you may submit the original or a copy to the amt. I am also not sure about it is ok or not. As the process is faster, if i were you, i will try first with indian embassy and go on with german citizenship process.

but pl. check with other sources and decide the possible best option.

BR
Basbrem
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/15 1:13 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hi All,
Can anybody help me how the Marriage and birth verification takes place in India from German Embassy.

Also I am interested in the type of questions asked by the private detective to our parents regarding the marriage.

In my case my birth certicate also need to be checked. Can someone share your experience if this is same in your Citizenship too.

Thank you in Advance
Cheers
BT
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/16 5:46 PM as a reply to Kamal Patel.
Dear Kamal,

Request you to share your experience with wrong DOB in birth certificate.

I am also in the same situation. Please reply.

Would really appreciate if anyone can guide me 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18