Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

RE: Living in Germany, freelancing in other EU countries

Toggle
Hi all,

I have "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" residence permit. Recently i have been getting a lot of interesting freelance opportunites in other EU countries in the Schengen region. At the moment i am working full time 

So my question is
Can i do contracting in other EU countries and invoice them in Germany if i register myself as a freelancer? 
For example - Work in Belgium for 3-6 months and live in Germany

If not then is there a way around? like working for a umbrella company?

Thank you in advance for your replies

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 4:32 PM as a reply to unknownscript.
Hi,

this is no legal advice, because I am no lawyer and no tax adviser.

But I do not see any problem to do so. As long as you keep your principal residence in Germany and send your invoices from here it should work.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 4:50 PM as a reply to trust7.
Hi Detlef,

Thank you for the quick answer. 

I was under the impression that my residence permit allows me to only freelance in Germany.

So if i just register myself in Finanzamt as freelancer, then can i directly take up contracting jobs in other EU countries as long as i keep my primary residence and travel back and forth? 

Kind Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 4:58 PM as a reply to unknownscript.
Yes, that's how I see it.

Nevertheless, before you register yourself get advice from a tax consultant. Not only because of this special case, but because there are many things to be aware of for a freelancer or selfdependent. 

Ask your colleagues if anybody can recommend a good one. Is the same problem as with a dentist ;-

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 5:08 PM as a reply to unknownscript.
Hello,

I also have the same query. I am on student status but allowed to work also for some limited time. Can i work as a consultant in other EU country by keeping my status here and doing invoices here in Germay without crossing the time limit allowed.

Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 5:39 PM as a reply to farman.
No!

You do not have the permission to work as a freelancer or selfdependent, you may just work for some hours as an employee. The reason for your visa is, that you study hard and successful, no time for other things ;-

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 6:15 PM as a reply to trust7.
Thank you for your responce.

But work will  not be as a freelancer or selfdependent it is a normal few hours work but in another EU-country. And all invoices will be given at Fianzamt in Germany.

Can i do that, its simple some hours work within the limit given by ABH?

Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/9/15 6:28 PM as a reply to farman.
Okay, I do not know this. I guess the rules of the other country will be relevant in this case.

Please keep us updated!

Thanks

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/15 6:47 PM as a reply to unknownscript.
unknownscript:
Hi all,

I have "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" residence permit. Recently i have been getting a lot of interesting freelance opportunites in other EU countries in the Schengen region. At the moment i am working full time 

So my question is
Can i do contracting in other EU countries and invoice them in Germany if i register myself as a freelancer? 
For example - Work in Belgium for 3-6 months and live in Germany

You need a permanent resident permit in Bundesland and work permit in other EU countries to do this.

If not then is there a way around? like working for a umbrella company?

Thank you in advance for your replies

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/10/15 9:47 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hello,

Cebit do you know anything about student status people in Germany but work as a consultant for a very small work in other EU-country and taking invoices in Germany and paying taxes.

Please share information.
Thank you.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3