Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Sufficient Living Space, Spouse VISA, Urgent.

Toggle
Sufficient Living Space, Spouse VISA, Urgent.
visa spouse visa family reunion sufficient living space apartment requiremtns
Answer
9/7/13 9:43 PM
Hi,

I am an Indian National and have studied in Germany and currently employed here. Have been living since about 3.5 years and I hold a Blue Card valid until end of 2016.

I recently got married and now my Wife shall apply for the family reunion VISA. But, as I understand there are some minimum requirements as it comes with phrase "sufficient living space". I tried to search around the forums and web, and only I got answer as 12 sqm per person. But, I have certain doubts.

I have heard many a times that some foreign offices raises questions that there should be minimum 2 rooms. I am not sure, and definitely confused. It is not so easy to find an apartment specially in cities like Düsseldorf. Does anyone here have some idea with "sufficient living space" requirements?

I currently found an apartment with 1 room, separate Kitchen, Bathroom, balcony.. completely furnished and a total usable floor area of 33 sqm. Will this be OK, since it just has 1 room? I need to sign the contract which has minimum tenancy period of 6 months. So, I need to know if this is sufficient.

Any promt response is much much appreciated.

Best Regards,
WM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/13 11:13 AM as a reply to Rupesh.
post a message in info4alien.de and find out which law and which para is applicable. In case they raise an objection you show the law.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/13 11:55 AM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Thanks Cebit for the response. I have posted the query on the forum you mentioned. Let's see if I get an answer there. 

Anyone in this forum have any idea?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/9/13 10:24 AM as a reply to Rupesh.
@weirdmaster

I think it is sufficient, but I strongly recommend to go to ABH or call the person responsible for your case file and clarify with them once again before signing the contract.

P.S: this is not a legal advice!
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/9/13 11:14 AM as a reply to Rupesh.
It should be sufficient. I have a 1 room, seperate kitchen and bath, 35sq.m apartment and recently my wife got dependent visa without any problems.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/13 11:51 AM as a reply to Rupesh.
It is 12 quadrat meter per adult and 10 quadrat meter per child under 6:

https://www.rechtsanwalt-puhe.de/index.php/rechtsgebiete/zuwanderung/132-ehegattennachzug?&cal_offset=-3p

b) Nachzug zu ausländischen Staatsangehörigen

Wenn der in Deutschland lebende Ehegatte ausländischer Staatsangehöriger ist, gilt im Prinzip das Obengesagte. Eine wesentliche Ausnahme besteht aber darin, daß ausreichender Wohnraum (wenigstens 12 qm für jeden Erwachsenen und 10 qm für jedes Kind unter 6 Jahren, die einzelnen Bundesländer können hierbei nach unten abweichen. Abweichungen von ca. 10 % können akzeptiert werden) vorhanden ist. Notunterkünfte und dergl. werden nicht anerkannt, desgleichen Wohnungen mit Mitbenutzung von Küche und Bad durch Dritte.

+2 (2 Votes)

Answer
3/23/15 12:34 PM as a reply to Parkin edger.
parkin:
It should be sufficient. I have a 1 room, seperate kitchen and bath, 35sq.m apartment and recently my wife got dependent visa without any problems.

Hi,

You mentioned that your wife got her dependent visa. Could you tell me if she has the authorization to work?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/24/15 3:35 PM as a reply to Fiend.
As I remember when I applied for Familiennachzug, it was 15sqm for Adults and 12 Sqm per kids under 6 years age, based on this 33sqm should be sufficient. I think the law only states how much min area you should have not really how many rooms it is comprised of. I think it would be a good idea to check in your local Ausländerbehörde.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott