Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Visa update time duration

Toggle
Visa update time duration
Answer
12/9/14 12:18 PM
I am an Indian and applied for long term visa on 3rd decemeber in Delhi, along with my spouse and kids dependent visa. Since our marriage cert was in regional language I had to get it translated from Notary and submitted the cert at Embassy today.

I have a job contract from a German employer. Just trying to understand how will they to take to update me if the Visa is approved or not. I am working and I need to serve 2 months notice to my current employer. 

I understand that my spouse's visa will be processed separately and that may take 6-8 weeks, I am not sure about mine.

So any sort of update on time window will definitely help me with my decision.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 2:02 PM as a reply to Jas Singh deep.
shergill:
I am an Indian and applied for long term visa on 3rd decemeber in Delhi, along with my spouse and kids dependent visa. Since our marriage cert was in regional language I had to get it translated from Notary and submitted the cert at Embassy today.

I have a job contract from a German employer. Just trying to understand how will they to take to update me if the Visa is approved or not. I am working and I need to serve 2 months notice to my current employer. 

I understand that my spouse's visa will be processed separately and that may take 6-8 weeks, I am not sure about mine.

So any sort of update on time window will definitely help me with my decision.

Thanks again.

Hi Shergill,

I am sailing on the same boat. But I really pray you don't get to face what I am facing.
My PA date was on 24th September and my VISA got stamped on 28th September.

However, the dependent VISA is still awaited as they asked for verfiaction after a month of PA date for them.

But this doesn't happen always, a colleague of mine got the same in 3 weeks for himself and his family. So it's all about your luck.

However, soon it will be December end long holidays and you should also keep this in mind.

Basically, do not resign till you and your family get VISA and then you can decide whether to pay the current employer or serve two months notice period.

Also, I think there is an option of getting VISA stamped within a month after getting the approval.So can explore that option too.

For me, they contacted me through e-mail id I had provided.

Wishing you all the best!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 2:21 PM as a reply to Isha.
Hey Isha 
thanks for the update
I have to join in Germany on 5th Feb 2015 and my current employer doesnt negotiate on buyout nor ready adjust my leaves in notice period. So for me it now or never.

I hope I get on or by 24th dec...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/14 8:52 AM as a reply to Jas Singh deep.
I got my work visa in about 4 weeks time. But as you know, everything in the Consulates in India is always chaotic and each Consulate has different methods of working. So cross your fingers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/25/14 2:06 PM as a reply to Omkar.
Thanks for the update Master Blaster ;)

Indeed it varies from consulate to consulate,I submitted my application on 3rd and got my visa on 20th....my  wife and kids is still pending...as the marriage verifcation has to happen at my native address in punjab. I am hopefull
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott