Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Family reunion visa - Marriage verification

Toggle
Hi,

I had applied for family reunion visa on the 1st oct 2014 in chennai Consulate. I got a mail from consulate on the 1st Nov 2014 asking me to submit Rs20000 as DD, which i did the same week. Last week my husband got a mail from foreign office in cologne asking to submit payslips,rental agreement etc. He had submitted the documents and the ABH office replied stating that they have sent the feedback to germany embassy in india.They dint disclose the feedback to us. But still we dint have any verification officer checking with us. When i call up the chennai consulate, they dont give any response regarding this. What needs to be done regarding this. I have read cases where the ABH office will be waiting for the feedback from the verification officer in india to send the feedback to india. Can you guys advice me on it. 

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/14 11:44 AM as a reply to Kirthiha.
kirthi:
Hi,

I had applied for family reunion visa on the 1st oct 2014 in chennai Consulate. I got a mail from consulate on the 1st Nov 2014 asking me to submit Rs20000 as DD, which i did the same week. Last week my husband got a mail from foreign office in cologne asking to submit payslips,rental agreement etc. He had submitted the documents and the ABH office replied stating that they have sent the feedback to germany embassy in india.They dint disclose the feedback to us. But still we dint have any verification officer checking with us. When i call up the chennai consulate, they dont give any response regarding this. What needs to be done regarding this. I have read cases where the ABH office will be waiting for the feedback from the verification officer in india to send the feedback to india. Can you guys advice me on it. 

Thanks,

If they say that they have replied to the German embassy back in India, then I would wait maximum about a week or so to hear from the consulate. After that try getting in contact with them. Call them
and tell them clearly that and ask them why is there a delay since the ABH has already informed.
For verification, it appears that it is not necessary that one gets to know of it. The ABH has already informed of their decision. Its the final step before you hear from the consulate. Good news is that you know that its in the final stage.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/14 12:00 PM as a reply to Kinshuk Srivastava.
Thanks Strangerules.. Anymore suggestions from people who have faced similiar situations ..?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/14 5:11 PM as a reply to Kirthiha.
Hi Kirthi,

I am kind of in the same boat. I applied in Chennai consulate and the Marriage verification is finished 10days back. Nobody visited me but they returned the originals informing that marriage verification is finished and now I am waiting for ABH to make the decision and send it to Chennai.

Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/14 5:43 PM as a reply to Rajesh Rajaram.
Hi Marieraj,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you check with the local ABH office on the status ? In my case my husband as checked with them and it seems they have already sent the response.. How do you contact the chennai consulate.. do they reply to your mails..

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 12:02 PM as a reply to Kirthiha.
Kirthi,

Yep my Spouse checked with the Berlin ABH. The person incharge of my case is on holidays till next week so we are waiting for her to be back and infor the decision.

I contacted Chennai consulate by phone and email but both are useless. My wife e-mailed the chennai consulate from Germany so got the response that they have finished the verification and send it to Germany.

Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/16/14 5:30 PM as a reply to Rajesh Rajaram.
Hi Raj,

Any updates on your visa status .. ?

Thanks,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/14 5:55 AM as a reply to Kirthiha.
Hi,

No my wife contacted the ABH in Berlin they said they have not received my verification report yet. Its been 2 weeks since it have been send from Chennai. Waiting as usual....

Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/14 7:41 AM as a reply to Rajesh Rajaram.
Hi Raj..

With regard to the verification did somebody contact you on it.. did any verification officer contact you on it.. can you throw some insights on that..

Thanks..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/17/14 9:48 AM as a reply to Kirthiha.
No one contacted me or came to my home. They send me an email for the verification fees and marriage certificate with some photos. I send it to them and they send it to me back saying they have finished verification and send the result to Germany. It took nearly 8 weeks to finish the verification process. Now I am waiting for the ABH to make final decision and let me know.

Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18