Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: RELOCATION EXPENSES

Toggle
RELOCATION EXPENSES
Answer
12/8/14 12:49 PM
Hi,

I am been offered a job in germany, I am from India with a family of spouse and kid. i would like to know how much should the relocation expenses to be claimed.

would be nice if anyone can guide me to calculate or ell me what to consider while asking for relocation expenses.

Regards,

Prabu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/14 1:04 PM as a reply to prabu S prabu.
Hallo,

Up to 2500 euros. But if you think the expenses exceed more than this limit then you may ask for more by explaining your estimated expenses.

BR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 6:43 AM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Hey Prabhu 

Request for atleast first time/onetime -  (one way air ticket , Visa Fee 4.7k , Background verification fee 25k , and Housing brokerage in germany). They maynot consider all the requests, but you can calculate and tell about these costs too )

Housing brokerage costs alot of money in germnay.

I also negotiated with my Employer, recently , but i wasnot lucky to get much, But then I still choose to accept the offer and applied for Visa. ;) 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 9:57 AM as a reply to prabu S prabu.
Hi 

The standard is

1) From outside German, it is 2 * the Basic Salary
2) Within German 1 * Basic Salary.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/14 5:11 PM as a reply to prabu S prabu.
prabu:
Hi,

I am been offered a job in germany, I am from India with a family of spouse and kid. i would like to know how much should the relocation expenses to be claimed.

would be nice if anyone can guide me to calculate or ell me what to consider while asking for relocation expenses.

Regards,

Prabu
Hi,

I got approximately 5,000. euros in cash as relocation expenditure to move from North to South Germany, but in my contract it was clearly mentioned that if I quit the company before 36 months than I have to pay back 50% of that amount. 

On the other hand one of my colleague got an apartment from the company for six months, but no hard cash. So it varies according to company's policies. Try to ask them about relocation package and in my opinion usually there is hardly any room to negotiate on such offers.

regards, Raj++
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/14 9:24 PM as a reply to R V.
Thanks for your replies,

I am been offered a 3500 Euros as Relocation exp- However the employer states in these expenses they will offer the following:

Finding a House, Visa package, Registrations, Residence Permit, Bank acct opening, settling in service.

Do i need to ask to pay me the expenses seperately or am i missing anything or do i need to consider anything. They have agreed to pay one way ticket to me and my family.

What are the other expenses and costs. eg. Application for my Spouse and kids dependent Visa.

Regards,
Prabu
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3