Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: BlueCard Visa Request with Fiancee

Toggle
BlueCard Visa Request with Fiancee
bluecard germany work permit dependent visa in parallel dependent and work visa
Answer
10/29/14 3:02 AM
I got a job offer from a company in Berlin. 

I will be applying to a BlueCard visa from Argentina. I plan to go with my fiancee, who also holds a recognized University degree.

We are getting married before going to Germany, but, as I am in a hurry to start the job there, I don't know if I should:
  • Wait to get married and then request the BlueCard Visa at the embassy listing my wife
  • Request my BlueCard and then request a Spouse or Reunification Visa for her.
Note: first wedding available date is one month from now. We have been together for 8 years aprox.

Would someone please advice what I should do, and what the risks are?

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo.-
0 (0 Votes)

RE: BlueCard Visa Request with Fiancee
Answer
11/5/14 10:17 AM as a reply to Marcelo Javier Mendoza.
Read Section 30 (Subsequent Immigration of Spouses)
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_aufenthg/englisch_aufenthg.html#p0319

Some points to be noted here:
1. There is no "Blue Card Visa". What you get is a standard National Visa (3 months validity) to enter Germany. You apply for a "Blue Card" once you actually reach Germany.

2. In my understanding, the law says that a spouse can join you in Germany if "the marriage already existed at the time you got the residence title". What happens if you go to Germany and get married after wards? Well I don't know, maybe someone more knowledgeable here could explain or you can ask the embassy yourself. They are usually nice and prompt in their replies. The non-blue card rule says that you must have held the residence title for at least 2 years in Germany if you plan to marry and bring your wife later. Otherwise she cannot join you. One thing you should know about Germany is that the rules are super strictly evaluated as they are written in the law.

3. I am not sure whether the embassy will waive the German language requirement for your wife at the time of application so that you can fly together or does one have to fly first, get the Blue Card and then apply for family reunification. I guess they should allow you guys to fly together if you are married already and apply together. Ask the embassy.

If it can be managed, then marry before you apply for your visa to keep things simple. That is what I did.
Don't take any chances with the German Immigration system.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott