Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Niederlassungserlaubnis question

Toggle
Niederlassungserlaubnis question
Answer
11/4/14 12:05 PM
Hi,

I applied for a Niederlassungserlaubnis in July on the basis of my Blue Card which I hold since August 2012. The application was accepted and is currently under processing since three months with no approval date in sight. This is not surprising since my Blue Card application processing took 9 months (yep, 9 months).

What irked me was that my wife will NOT get the niederlassungs as they said she will only get it once she completes 5 years in Germany. My status with niederlassungs has no bearing on my wife's status. We are together living in Germany since May 2011. Personally this is another of the batshit rule interpretation that I am accustomed to here. But is this normal? I couldn't find anything in the law regarding this particular interpretation. Does anyone know about this thing?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Niederlassungserlaubnis question
Answer
11/5/14 10:35 AM as a reply to Mixed Feelings.
Good luck with ur NE application. It is normal that you and your wife have no connection regarding NE requirements and each of you have to fullfill the criteria on your own. I have an NE while my husband still has Blue card. He could apply only after he fulfills the requirements. In my case NE process took about 2 months but the Lady informed me that it would be mostly successful as everything seems ok. 

BTW i had my NE after 5 years of living and working here and this was just when the blue card was introduced. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/14 11:53 AM as a reply to ami fran.
Hi 

This information is new for me and makes me Suprise.

I have a question, say a Man is having Blue Card and his wife is at home (not working) with a kid.

After 33 months the Man get the PR as per the Blue card, this means that the wife and kid will get it only after 60 months of living here.

Is this assumption correct.

Thanks
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/14 12:11 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi nathgopi,
This is exactly my scenario. Everytime I think I have read all the rules and laws, each trip to the Foreigner's Office brings me new information emoticon

So apparently YOU and your WIFE are two completely different people. The only benefit of the Blue Card is that your wife will get a work permit sooner. Apart from that she is an independent person who will qualify for the NE on her own sweet time.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/5/14 3:32 PM as a reply to Mixed Feelings.
mixedfeelings:
Hi nathgopi,
This is exactly my scenario. Everytime I think I have read all the rules and laws, each trip to the Foreigner's Office brings me new information emoticon

So apparently YOU and your WIFE are two completely different people. The only benefit of the Blue Card is that your wife will get a work permit sooner. Apart from that she is an independent person who will qualify for the NE on her own sweet time.

If you read the laws completely, there is no need to make the sacred trips to the Foreigner's office.

Bluecard is not the complete reformation to the Immigration System. It' jut an addon supplement to the existing Immigration making it bit easier for Spouse like no A1, workpermit from day one...

The NE rules remain same for the Spouse. 60 months of Pension contributions.

-cgw
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18