Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse visa requirement German Spouse:

Toggle
Spouse visa requirement German Spouse:
Answer
10/29/14 4:18 PM
Dear All,

I am an Indian married to a German.
We got married in Denmark as we realized it was the simplest way.

I have below questions regarding my visa.. any help/experience is appreciated!

1. Visa application form asks for duration of stay. I plan to stay long term with my husband once the visa is garnted. Is there any maximum duration of stay for which visa is granted? what should i write in these columns?

2. Ration card is required if you apply through Delhi embassy. I dont have one and I dont see how could i get one.. any experience regarding this requirement?

3. My spouse is a student in Germany. Requirements say no salary slips are required if your spouse is German. Is it true? In any case we plan to submit an affidavit that says that his parents  will take care of my expense. will that suffice?

Many thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/14 9:39 AM as a reply to Heidi.
Hi

I share my experience. Hope ths will help you. I had applied from Delhi Embassy. In that specific column i was asked to write PERMANENT. Earlier I also wrote 3 yrs duration as suggested by our lawyer. but when i was submitting the application form, the embassy officer asked me to correct from 3 yrs to Permanent.( being German citizen's Wife ). Intially  they issue the visa for three months and then you have to go to ABH in Germany to extend the visa. 

Ans the second thing is, I submitted Ration card copy with the English Translation. 

And regarding Salary slips for Husband, that is not required when ur husband is a German Citizen.

My visa was granted within 3 months after all the verification. I applied on 20th August 2013 and I got the letter by post on 1st Nov 2013 informing that my visa is granted .  emoticon
Good Luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/14 3:37 PM as a reply to poo koz.
Many thanks for your response!

May I ask you where did you get married?
In our case our wedding is already registered in Germany.
Do you think it will make the visa process faster?

And do you think ration card is absolutely madatory?

Many thanks for your time..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 8:08 AM as a reply to Heidi.
We got married in Delhi.. Hindu Traditional way..
Ration card is not necessary but it has all the info abt all d family members. And wen u got married, u hv to get ur name cancelled or deleted frm d ration card. Anyway u try without Ration card.. Hope they Wil nt create prob. Or check on their website if ration card is nt available wt else can b submitted instead of tht.
If they ask u abt ration card u simply say.. Parents dnt hv. We hv nvr used Ration card so hw can I hv one. And one more thing if u hv changed ur surname nd it's mentioned in ur registered marriage certificate. U need to change in ur passport also. It happened to me as well. They made me run nd unnecessarily I had to make a new passport wd a new surname. It ws a wastage of time n money. emoticon

Since urs is already registered in Germany, ya it Wil nt take too much time. Becoz in ur case vverification is already done. emoticon so u go to Embassy and just submit d application wd all d necessary documents.thts it. Ur case sounds good. U don't need to bother.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 10:05 AM as a reply to poo koz.
Many thanks for your reply and sharing your experience!
In our case my husband took the copy of Marriage certificate right away and got it registered in his hometown in Germany. Hopefully it would make the verification process easier.
I dont have any ration card and neither do my parents. I called vfs today and said its not mandatory.
I wish they know what they are talking about.

Just one more query.
wat documents you produced for satisfying health insurance requirements?
I am not covered under my husbands insurance and i plan to take up one after I go there.

Thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 10:54 AM as a reply to Heidi.
Hi 

Health Insurance is not required for family Reunion Visa or spouse Visa. That is for tourist and business visa.
U go thru the check list. its not even mentioned there too. and i had also not submitted any. emoticon
u fill out the form and take an appointment for the interview. soon u get an appointment, visa procedure will be under process. hope u have A1 german Certificate. 

and after arriving in germany u need to do B1 level. i m currently doing B1. emoticon
all the best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 11:12 AM as a reply to poo koz.
Hi , Thanks again for quick response!

Yes , you are right its not mentioned in the checklist but towards the end it says please ensure you are covered under your spouse insurance.

In german language I already have my B1 and preparing for B2.

Best of luck with your B1!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/14 6:23 PM as a reply to Heidi.
Hi
You are most welcome.
You ignore what is mentioned on their website. . Go ahead with the visa thing. Share here once u r done with submission.
Thnx a lot for B1.emoticon
All the very best.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/14 3:47 PM as a reply to poo koz.
How was d visa procedure? Hope it went all good. plz share ur experience for Trust7 members. emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/14 4:32 PM as a reply to poo koz.
Hi ! I am still waiting for my marriage certificate with apostille to come form Denmark.. For some weird reason it was sent back to sender.. Now they are sending it agan., will hopefully go to Embassy end of Nov! Stay tuned! Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/14 5:07 PM as a reply to Heidi.
Hallo,

FYI:

I would like to share my visa (family reunion) experince to you all emoticon. This may be a pain killeremoticon for those who are still trouble in their own visa cases, i guess emoticon

Family reunion spouse visa (Indian Man Vs German Woman): You need more patience !!!!emoticon

# I have been applied through German consulate, chennai on 23.06.2014emoticon
# Visa head advised me to do A1 German Language Course and told me to send the certificate through email (scanned copy).emoticon emoticonemoticon
# Visa officer was called me on 23.07.2014 and confirmed my course end dateemoticon
# I have got the certificate on 25.09.2014 (lanaguage course duration : 04.08.2014 to 12.09.2014)
# Forwarded the language certificate (scanned copy) on 25.09.2014emoticon
# An email from visa head on 25.09.2014 : Your langauge certificate was sent to the local Aliens Authority in Germanyemoticon
# I wrote an email to visa head on 29.09.2014: to asked about the current status of my applicationemoticon
# An email from visa head on 02.10.2014 : The Aliens Authority in Germany is in contact with your wife regarding further documents. Their approval is to be awaited. emoticon
# My wife got a letter on 06.10.2014  from ABH (local alien  office) : Asked her to submit further documents emoticon
# She have been submitted everything on 03.11.2014emoticon
# She was called to ABH on 11.11.2014 : They were informed; Approval letter has been forwarded to chennai consulateemoticon
# I wrote an email to visa head on 12.11.2014 : to asked about visa approvalemoticonemoticon
# An email from visa head on 12.11.2014 : Resident permit issuedemoticonemoticon

Note: In my case-no marriage certificate verification; We were married at Copenhagen Commune, Denmark emoticon.

- See more at: http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/view_message/739154#_19_message_754700
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott