Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: International PhD student - Questions regarding bringing wife to german

Toggle
Dear All,

Greetings and hope everyone is doing fine. I am an international PhD student in Dusseldorf, Germany and am on a scholarship of 1365 euros/month. The Visa status on my Aufenthalstitel is 18 Abs 4. S. 1. I am currently living in a 25 m2 apartment. I will be getting married on the Dec 1st 2014 and my wife will be applying for a family reunion visa at the German consulate in Chennai, India. I had two basic questions -

1) Is my apartment adequate for 2 people accodring to visa regulations ? I have read mixed reviews regarding this topic on this forum and wish to clarify this. On the Dusseldorf Landeshauptstadt page, the following is mentioned that - http://www.duesseldorf.de/auslaenderamt/aufenthalt/grundvoraussetzungen/wohnraum/index.shtml
 twelve m2 per person is sufficient. But when I called the Auslandbehoerde the first time they said 50 m2 in total . I tried calling again and they said minimum 30 m2. I really dont know whom to trust in this respect. Thats why I am posting in this forum.

2) Will my salary of 1365 euros be sufficient for 2 people in order for the visa to be issued for my spouse ?

Looking forward to all of your kind replies. IF by mistake these questions have been posted before kindly excuse me. Thanks and best regards.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/14 10:10 PM as a reply to Vijayshankar Dandapani.
1. Trust what's on paper.
2. Yes
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/14 11:27 AM as a reply to Vijayshankar Dandapani.
In general, these are my observations:

1) Living space of 25 Quadrat meter is sure to evoke some scrutiny. So make sure, that the measured 25 quadrat meter is exclusive of the Kitchen, Bathroom, Toilet and the Balcony.

2) Hope that the Scholarship of 1365 EUR is after the Tuition fees and all other official fees dedcution.

BR,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

Thank you Uday and cebit. 

1. The house is in total 25 m2 inclding the kitchen and bathroom. Since this might evoke some scrutiny I am looking for another accommodation. The thing is I have to give 3 month notice to my current 25 m2 apartment. I just want to know when I need to provide the required documentation that I have enough living space for 2 people ? The procedure as I know is my wife applies for the visa in India and then the documents get sent here to Germany. Then the Auslandbehoerde calls me - is this the time I need to produce the rent contract ? Will it be sufficient that I have a contract saying that I will be moving in beginning January/February or should I have already have moved in to the new apartment ? I will be in India during the whole of December and come back only on the 11th Jan. So as you can understand , would it be better to look for and finalise an apartment before I leave for India ? 

2. The salary is after all deduction, ie. I get in hand 1365 euros per month...Hope this is sufficient for 2 people...IS there a living cost calculation ?

Please get back to me. Thanks and kind regards, Vijay
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18