Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Changing Employment under BlueCard in NRW

Toggle
Changing Employment under BlueCard in NRW
employment visa blue card
Answer
6/19/14 10:15 PM
Hello Everyone, 

I am already a German Bluecard holder. I applied for it when I was in China and moved here to Cologne in October 2013. 

I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with : 

1. I moved to Germany in October, 2013, and received my first German salary in November 2013, but I didn't get my actual Bluecard until January 2014 (mine too a little longer to process). I am just wondering, from when should I start counting , if I want to calculate the number of months I have been on the German Blue Card. 

2. Based on the above point, even under the best circumstances I have only been on the blue card for no more than 7 or 8 months. Taking this in to consideration, would it be possilbe for me to change my job easily, of course given that the new job fulfils the minimum salary requirements. Are there any other requirements such as the job being from a specific field ? I am in Sales. 

I am now mainly looking for jobs in the Cologne/Düsseldorf area. Since it's under 2 years, I understand that I need to inform the Köln Immigration office if I want to change employers and of course they would have to approve it. I just want to know if anyone has had an experience with this in NRW and if there are any specific requirements for this. 

Or if it is too much hassle then I should just wait until I have finished the 18 months / 2 years period before I can move to different jobs freely. 

Thank you
Imran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/20/14 9:31 AM as a reply to Imran Khan.
1. from the 1st day of your working in Germany
2. No

as long as you have threshold salary no problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/14 10:04 PM as a reply to Imran Khan.
[quote=Hi Imran,

I am in similar situation like you. Could you please let me know if you could change your employer on your Bluecard wihtout any hassle ? 

Is there any possibility of being denied by the Auslaänderbehörde in spite of the salary being more than 50K Euro p.a

Appreciate your response on this.

Regards
Max

ikhan]Hello Everyone, 

I am already a German Bluecard holder. I applied for it when I was in China and moved here to Cologne in October 2013. 

I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with : 

1. I moved to Germany in October, 2013, and received my first German salary in November 2013, but I didn't get my actual Bluecard until January 2014 (mine too a little longer to process). I am just wondering, from when should I start counting , if I want to calculate the number of months I have been on the German Blue Card. 

2. Based on the above point, even under the best circumstances I have only been on the blue card for no more than 7 or 8 months. Taking this in to consideration, would it be possilbe for me to change my job easily, of course given that the new job fulfils the minimum salary requirements. Are there any other requirements such as the job being from a specific field ? I am in Sales. 

I am now mainly looking for jobs in the Cologne/Düsseldorf area. Since it's under 2 years, I understand that I need to inform the Köln Immigration office if I want to change employers and of course they would have to approve it. I just want to know if anyone has had an experience with this in NRW and if there are any specific requirements for this. 

Or if it is too much hassle then I should just wait until I have finished the 18 months / 2 years period before I can move to different jobs freely. 

Thank you
Imran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/1/14 10:48 PM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hi Max, 

Actually I am still in process of doing this, so I can't give a definitive answer, but I have decided to use a lawyer for handling this. 

He told me the following : 

If the contract end's prematurely then I have to take action as soon as my work period is ended, which means I must inform the authorities that I am no longer employed. In my case I have only worked for 10 months, and my employement ends on 12th of September, so I am going to contact the authorities within this week or the next (through the lawyer of course). 

When I contact the authorities about this, I have two options : 

1. Show a signed work contract with another German company with salary no less than 4000 euros gross per month. That's all I would need to show and they would just make me a new BlueCard. ( So far I can't use this option because I haven't found a job)

2. If I don't have a job, they will apply for a job search visa for me, giving me another 3 to 6 more months in order to look for a job. In this case they would need to see my 3 months Bank statement to see if I have sufficient funds to live. 

That's all the infomration I have so far. 
Imran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/14 12:19 AM as a reply to Imran Khan.
Hi Imran,

Appreciate your responsible reply on this.

For me, I have found a job which is supposed to start from Nov onwards. My last day in my current company is end of october. My future job satisfies the salary limit required for blue card.

I am just wondering if it is possible to have my blue card changed to my future employer, before leaving my current company. I am not sure how long will this process take. I do not know what other verifications will be done by the Ausländerbehörde. Let me know if you know any similar cases.

Would really appreciate if you could update this thread as the incidents keep on taking place in your case. I will also let you know my status.

Currently I have been given a form by the Ausländerbehörde to be filled up by me and my future employer. This form is to be submitted along with the new job contract. This process will take at least one week. As my future employer is in a different city.

Let us keep each other posted.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/14 4:30 PM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hi Max,

I am in a similar situation as you. My job contract for which Blue card was issued has come to an end and I have found a new job. I know that I require the approval of ALB for change of employer as I haven't yet completed 2 years from the date of issue of the card. Can you please guide me if I can get the employer change form from the Radhaus of my city or I have to go to the ABH as I live in a small town and had submitted my application for Blue card to the Radhaus. My future employer is also in a different city but same state.

Cheers,
RG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/14 8:03 PM as a reply to Roopali.
Hi RG,

I am not sure if the Rathaus can do the task of the Ausländerbehörde. You must check with them in Person. Most probably you have to go to the Ausländerbehörde of the respective territory where you stay.

Please let us know what do they say as the process to be done. 

Regards
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/14 2:41 PM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hi Max,

I called the ALB and they have asked me to submit it to the Radhaus. I have another question regd blue card, hope you would be able to help. Can the minimum salary be the sum total of Fixed + Bonus or it has to be the fixed component only?

Cheers,
RG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/14 3:11 PM as a reply to Roopali.
Hi RG,

Thanks for your post. Find the answer to your question here

==========================
Some bonuses are credited towards the gross salary. This is in particular the case if they are specified in a minimum amount in the employment contract, in other words if their payment is guaranteed and not subject to conditions. Benefits of the employer that are listed in the social insurance compensation regulations (http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bundesrecht/svev/gesamt.pdf) as allocatable payments, such as free lodging or reduced commuting fares, can also be included in the calculation of the gross salary. The decision as to which benefits can be credited in individual cases and the amount in which they are included lies with the competent foreigners authority.

====================

Go through this link, many of your questions may be answered.

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Infothek/FragenAntworten/BlaueKarteEU/blaue-karte-eu-node.html

Please keep us posted about your status. I will update this thread whenever I get any info for my case.

Cheers
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/8/14 9:20 PM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hello Max,

Just wanted to update you that my blue card extension process has been completed today. It took 2 months for the whole process to complete (could have taken 2 weeks lesser but delay was due to school holidays), the approval from Bundesagentur für arbeit took 2 weeks. ALB took one week to process the application post approval and called me for a personal visit, where I had to sign 2 forms, hand over a pic, give finger impressions and pay the fees. Now it will take another 3 weeks for the card to be handed over to me. All in all, smooth processing, a little bit of follow up and work is done.

Is your process complete yet?

Cheers,
RG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/14 9:57 PM as a reply to Imran Khan.
hi RG,

does Ausländerbehordte tell you, why it is from 3 to 6 months. its stipulated in a law as 6 months. why should it be shorter?

rgds
julia
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/12/14 11:09 PM as a reply to anna rubina.
Hi Rubina,

I am sorry I did not get your question.

Cheers,
RG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/14 4:31 PM as a reply to Roopali.
Hi RG,

I have also got my job change permission today and hence updating you.

The process was like this

September 8: Submitted my Arbeitsvertrag and the filled form from the company to the Auslaänderbehörde.
For me all the conditions for blue card according to AufentG 19a was matching so no other steps was required. They just needed to update my blucard and Zusatzblatt with the new employer's information. The officer asked me to visit him in october to make the changes.

Today: I just went there and it was done. 

Cheers
Max
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/16/14 8:24 AM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hi maxgrand,

I also changed my job one year ago. Did you get new Blue card?

I got only new Zusatzblatt with my new employer's information, but Blue Card is the same.

Regards,

Nika
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/14 9:51 AM as a reply to Max Grand.
Hello Everyone,

Just want to offer an update.

Unfortunately I was unable to find a new job after I lost my last one (that got me the bluecard)
I decided to use a lawyer. We made an appointment, went to the local office in Cologne (forgot what is called). The just asked for my old blue card, passport, bank statement. The process was very quick. In 5 mins they gave me a 6 months visa extension also known as a job search visa. I still retain my tk health insurance too.

Hope this is useful for those who are on a blue card and lose their job, with nothing to change to.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/15/16 12:41 PM as a reply to Imran Khan.
Imran Khan:
Hello Everyone,

Just want to offer an update.

Unfortunately I was unable to find a new job after I lost my last one (that got me the bluecard)
I decided to use a lawyer. We made an appointment, went to the local office in Cologne (forgot what is called). The just asked for my old blue card, passport, bank statement. The process was very quick. In 5 mins they gave me a 6 months visa extension also known as a job search visa. I still retain my tk health insurance too.

Hope this is useful for those who are on a blue card and lose their job, with nothing to change to.
Hello,

i need a bit your help since you already made this process,
i have the bad luck that i need to find another job since the company for which i got the bluecard needs to close (i was only working 2 months there), and now i am a bit worry about the process to come, since i know its being really little time,

i will try to find a job ASAP that matched the requirements of the blue card, but in any case that this is too hard, i guess they will give me also a "job searching visa", right?

but do you know if this visa means i can look for a job that matches the bluecard requirements or i can get other kind of visa as well?

also if anyone else knows about this or have some recommendations i really would appreciate your help

thank you emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18