Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Time required for getting dependent visa after verification

Toggle
Hi,

I have got a work permit and visa for germany within a week of applying.
I also applied visa for my spouse and child on the same day(9 September 2014) and also submitted the amount for verification of documents for both of them.
The verification was done at our places between 23 Sep to 26 Sep.
Now I am confused about the status of their applications.
I have not received any call or communication about when should I submit their passports for visa stamping.

What should I do now or whom should i contact to know untill when the visa will be issued?

Please help.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/10/14 11:09 AM as a reply to Pooja Tomar.
As You say that the verification has been completed.

You can only wait until the communication by mail arrives from the Consulate.

If You are already in Germany, then there is an option of checking back at the Ausländeramt about the Family Reunion application status.

BR,
U
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/10/14 11:46 AM as a reply to U S.
Thanks Udayr for the quick response.
I will fly to Germany in November but can I contact Ausländeramt via email or phone from India?
What is the contact information of Ausländeramt?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/10/14 7:35 PM as a reply to Pooja Tomar.
ask your DH for ABH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/14 8:27 AM as a reply to Pooja Tomar.
We also applied from Bangalore consulate for family reunion visa on 8-Sep-2014 and there has been no updates. Calling them on their helpline seems of no help. My hubby is in Germany and he did enquire in local ABH. They say it has already been approved on 22-sep.

Please keep the post updated for any change in visa status.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/14 9:17 AM as a reply to Pooja Tomar.
@ Natalia
Hope You got the Ausländeramt number as mentioned by Cebit.

@ QS: It has already been 20 days since 22-Sep. There is also the chance that You might have missed the email from the consulate. Calling up the Consulate helpline will not be helpful (It sounds rather ridiculous that the helpline is not helpful). 
Ask your hubby to visit the Ausländeramt personally and tell them that the Consulate has not yet issued the visa. It has to get things moved. If it still is not working, then after a week ask Your hubby to visit again and request them to contact the consulate officials in his presence.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/15/14 1:55 PM as a reply to U S.
We got our visa stamped on 14-October. Please note,
  • I did not get any intimation from German Consulate Bangalore on Approval of the visa
  • I walked in between 2-3.30 pm to the consulate with the acknowledgement letter
  • At the counter i was told that the visa has been approved for my kids and decision on my visa is pending as marriage verification is pending
  • I showed the email i received from the relocation firm which had informed that the visa has been approved
  • They made me sign a declaration form which is in German that the marriage verification is pending and if found false i am liable for legal consequences
  • Got the visa stamped by 3.15 pm

Hope this message is of help to someone.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/14 9:54 AM as a reply to German Visa.
I am in the same state.We applied for dependant visa for my self and my kids on 9th july and still waiting to hear from the embassy.
My husband is in germany.I will ask my hubby to go and check in local AHB.
Can you please let me lknow what AHB stands for.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/27/14 12:09 PM as a reply to Vins s.
4 months is very late. ABH = foreigners officers in Germany,

Ask your husband to write a strong email, that it has been 4 months and it has been difficult for every member in the family. Your kids and you are finding it very difficult to cope. They have to take a decision within 3 months. 

Good luck!! you will get it soon.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/15 3:29 PM as a reply to U S.
Me and my family applied for Long Stay visa on 25th November 2014 in Mumbai. I got my visa approval within a week and I had to come to Germany for project purpose.

For my dependents visa processing, consulate came up with marraige and birth certificate verification. For which DD for demanded verification amount was submitted in the consulate on 11th December 2014. Verification happened in Pune and my native place on 23rd December 2014 and 16th January 2015 respectively.

As per the persons who did verification, the visa approval should be done in 10 working days (which is as per calendar 02nd February 2015). On 3rd Feb, we spoke to German Consulate General office in Mumbai for getting status of the visa application, they said they have not received the verification report yet. Now this was very shocking to hear that where we were expecting the visa approval by first week of Feb, the consulate has not yet recieved the verification report. They said first they will see the credibility of the verification report and then send it to German authorities. After which the approval will come. When asked about timeline for this proces, they didn't had any answer.

After reading this thread, today I went to Ausländeramt for getting the status on the visa application but they also said that they do not have any information. It will take around 2-3 months for the approval. Anyone who has gone through such expeirence please guide me so that our small family is reunited soon. What should I do next now to get the information where the process is stuck, how much more time it will take to get the visa approval?

TIA
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/15 4:18 PM as a reply to Pranita Dhawal Joshi.
Sorry to hear. But I am not surprised. It is "very normal" that the processing takes from 3-6 months. No one can say how much time it will take. It could be tomorrow or really 3 months.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/6/15 8:07 AM as a reply to Pranita Dhawal Joshi.
hridu2015:
Me and my family applied for Long Stay visa on 25th November 2014 in Mumbai. I got my visa approval within a week and I had to come to Germany for project purpose.

For my dependents visa processing, consulate came up with marraige and birth certificate verification. For which DD for demanded verification amount was submitted in the consulate on 11th December 2014. Verification happened in Pune and my native place on 23rd December 2014 and 16th January 2015 respectively.

As per the persons who did verification, the visa approval should be done in 10 working days (which is as per calendar 02nd February 2015). On 3rd Feb, we spoke to German Consulate General office in Mumbai for getting status of the visa application, they said they have not received the verification report yet. Now this was very shocking to hear that where we were expecting the visa approval by first week of Feb, the consulate has not yet recieved the verification report. They said first they will see the credibility of the verification report and then send it to German authorities. After which the approval will come. When asked about timeline for this proces, they didn't had any answer.

After reading this thread, today I went to Ausländeramt for getting the status on the visa application but they also said that they do not have any information. It will take around 2-3 months for the approval. Anyone who has gone through such expeirence please guide me so that our small family is reunited soon. What should I do next now to get the information where the process is stuck, how much more time it will take to get the visa approval?

TIA

I am sorry that you have to go through all this.
I am myself salling in the same boat. The verfication for my dependents had started on 28th Oct 2014 and the ABH is no longer responding to my mail. I am still in India as I can't leave my 10th month old daughter (she was 6 month old when I had applied).

I do hope that you are able to meet your family soon. 
But there are no clear timelines which is applicable.
For another colleague it just took 4 weeks from VISA application date for his and his dependent's VISA and no verification was asked for.
So, what I have understood, it's your luck and whom did your file go to in Germany.
Sadly for me, my luck doesn't seem to be alive..I hope better luck to you.
Just breathe and remember "This too shall pass" :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott