Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Blue card: Changing job

Toggle
Blue card: Changing job
Answer
7/15/14 10:42 AM
Hi,

I am from India, came to Germany last year Sept-2013 on EU Blue card. It’s valid until Oct-2017 as I had unlimited work contract got EU Blue card for 4 year.

I got a new job offer and would like to change my job. My new offer meets all requirement of EU Blue card however it’s a 2 years contract.

My last day with current employer is 30th Sept 2014 and joining date to new employer is from 1st Oct 2014. I have informed ABH about my job change however they send my case to Arbeitsamt for approval and said if Arbeitamt approves it then only I can change the job.
My question is:
  1. As my new job meets all requirements of EU blue card does Arbeitsamt’s approval still required? Normally how much time does it take to get an approval from Arbeitsamt?
  2. Does Arbeitsamt reject job change request in any case?
  3. As my new work contract is for 2 years, will my EU Blue card’s validity also be reduced to 2016?
Thanks in advance! 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/14 12:15 PM as a reply to Ashfaq Shaikh.
[*][size=1]As my new job meets all requirements of EU blue card does Arbeitsamt’s approval still required? Normally how much time does it take to get an approval from Arbeitsamt? Yes, you need Arbeitsamt’s approval, as one need to inform Arbeitsamt’s for job change in initial 2 years of Blue card. Its a 10 minute task at ABH, but you need to take an appointment for this activity. So, ideally you will be vising ABH twice, once for taking appointment and then on appointment date. Check if you can take appointment by phone. The appointment date can be 15 days to 2 months from the day u take the appointment.[/size] [*]Does Arbeitsamt reject job change request in any case? They usually don't reject it. [*]As my new work contract is for 2 years, will my EU Blue card’s validity also be reduced to 2016? Yes, EU Blue card’s validity will be reduced to 2016, which can be further extended on availability of job offer
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/14 12:15 PM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
I answered your query in my previous post
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/14 9:16 PM as a reply to Sanjay Dwivedi.
Thanks for your quick response Sanjay.

I already visited the ABH, and they have sent my case to Arbeitsamt for approval.
It was not required to take an appointment at ABH, they asked me to walk in without appointment as at my ABH there not much crowd.

Normally how much time does Arbeitsamt takes for approval?
The officer from ABH told me it will take around 2 week to get approval and after approval they will send a letter to me. Is this normal procedure?

thanks in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/16/14 2:27 PM as a reply to Ashfaq Shaikh.
Hi

I think the procedure is different from place to place. I visited ABH, Cologne, and the appointment I got was for 2 months later. On the day of appointment, they changed employer on my blue card, and provided me a green leaflet for the employee instantly. Thats All. Job is done.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/14 3:34 PM as a reply to Ashfaq Shaikh.
Hi All,

I am happy to annuace that, i successfully changed my work permit. The only thing is took 2 months to get it. Finally I can join my new employeer as planned!

You can change the job with in 2 years without any problem if you get the salaray required for blue card thats it. Arbitsamt will approve your case with in one day. Only Auslanderbehore take time to process the visa request as they order new resident permit card for you.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/14 8:57 PM as a reply to Ashfaq Shaikh.
Hi ashfaq,

I also have a Blue Card and also changed a job 1 year ago. They don't give new Blue Card, they update only that paper, where was wrotten Employer, but Blue Card (Resident Permit card) is the same.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott