Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Spouse Visa Issue

Toggle
Spouse Visa Issue
Answer
9/5/14 10:46 PM
Dear All,

I am working in Germany from Dec 2012 and I have Blue card currently. I got married after I came to Germany and I applied spouse Visa in May 2014. I applied for my extension also since My Visa was going to expire in Dec 2014. Now Immigration office is telling that, they want to change my Visa type to normal Visa(§ 18 para 4) and from that they can't approve my wife visa. Can you please suggest me on this.

Thanks,
Ravi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 8:52 AM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
Hi Ravi,

Could You please be a little more clear in the Visa type?

What I understand is:
You already have a Blue card, If I am not mistaken and that is expiring soon. If there is no Employment related changes, then I am not sure, why the visa type is to be changed. Could You clarify for better understanding?

BR,
U
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 9:02 AM as a reply to U S.
Hi Uday,

Thanks for your reply. Yes my visa is expiring in December 2014. My employment has not been changed at all and whatever the pay scale I was getting when I entered Germany still I am in the same pay scale. The Immigration office told me that, My mother company is in India and I am getting the salary from India. But I produced the salary slips and shown that I am getting salary from Germany. He told that he will check with Labor office and come back on the same. I am waiting on that.. But its already 4 months over after I applied for spouse visa and its pending because of this issue.

Can you please suggest me whether any restrictions to bring her with 18 para 4 visa type. Can I apply visitor visa while this is pending with immigration office?.. Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Ravi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 10:26 AM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/validity.html

Just curious to know. Bluecard is valid for 4years - is there any change in Law or your case seem to be unique. 

Sorry dont have much knowledge about 18 para 4 visa issue. But with Blue care it makes life easy to get family reunion visa. If not it is more of luck and you should have lot of patience.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 10:37 AM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
Hello Ravi,

Do not worry much. It is just a matter of time now.

Did You check whether You are satisfying all of the current Blue card requirements?

IF Yes,
First of all, do not accept for the visa to be changed to 
18 para 4 type, since Your Job Contract is applicable for Blue Card, if initially it had already been issued.

Go over to the Ausländeramt and get Your Blue card renewed. If needed, ask them, if they need a confirmation from Your Employer. It should work out.

Once that is done, ask for the status of Your Wife's visa. It should work out in a couple of days after that.

BR,
Uday
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 3:01 PM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
ravigowda:
Hi Uday,

Thanks for your reply. Yes my visa is expiring in December 2014. My employment has not been changed at all and whatever the pay scale I was getting when I entered Germany still I am in the same pay scale. The Immigration office told me that, My mother company is in India and I am getting the salary from India. But I produced the salary slips and shown that I am getting salary from Germany. He told that he will check with Labor office and come back on the same. I am waiting on that.. But its already 4 months over after I applied for spouse visa and its pending because of this issue.

Are you and your employer paying the "Rentenversicherung" in Germany.
If yes then they should extend your Bluecard.
If no, then they have made a mistake by giving you Blucard in the beginnin (2012).

Can you please suggest me whether any restrictions to bring her with 18 para 4 visa type. Can I apply visitor visa while this is pending with immigration office?.. Thank you so much for your help.

Best Regards,

Ravi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 5:17 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
Gowdre,
It seems like you came on intra company transfer.. Social security paid in India and no rente?
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/8/14 5:32 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit,

Yes, you are right. Its intra company change and my company not paying social security tax for me here. Can you please suggest me what is the alternative to bring my wife.

Thanks to all of you for your opinion and suggestions till now. Its really helpful and making more understanding from all of you.

Thanks,

Ravi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 5:48 PM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
Gowdre.. the best is visitor's visa for 3 months. Your visa is ending in December, due to which spouse visa not possible.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 5:59 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit,

Can I able to apply for visitor visa when the dependent visa in progress?. Also, if possible can you please let me know whether its possible to bring her with normal visa or any request like consideration like I got married when I was having the Blue card.

Thanks for your suggestion.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 6:49 PM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
Since your contract is valid only till December, I am not sure whether you would get spouse visa. If your contract is not going to be extended then better cancel dependent visa application and apply for visitors visa. Every visa is normal. Which visa are you talking about? 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 7:00 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit,

I am talking about 18 para 4 visa type. I already applied for extension and I am waiting for the confirmation from Immigration office. My question is, Is there any restrictions to approve spouse visa if I have 18 para 4 resident permit?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/14 11:02 PM as a reply to Ravi gowda.
ravigowda:
Hi Cebit,

I am talking about 18 para 4 visa type. I already applied for extension and I am waiting for the confirmation from Immigration office. My question is, Is there any restrictions to approve spouse visa if I have 18 para 4 resident permit?

Thanks
Basically you were given the wrong work permit i.e Bluecard. When your company is not paying the Rentenversicherung you are not elegible for bluecard.

So  I suppose your spouse should go through normal process of a "spouse visa" with A1 language and your contract has to be extended.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott