Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Temporary contract and Permanent Residence/Citizenship?

Toggle
Hello,

I'm a non-EU citizen finishing his PhD, staying with employment visa paragraph 18. I will start a postdoc hopefully shortly. I was wondering if it possible to get a Niderlassungerlaubnis/Daueraufenthalt-EG without a permanent job. I read the laws from formal government websites and know for a fact that if you are here with a BlueCard then you can apply after 22-33 months for permanent residency without a permanent employment position.

I really hope it is possible to get a permanent residence without a permanent employment. In my line of work it is almost impossible to get a permanent job. I heard from a lawyer that it is possible but I don't know if he is reliable or not. Maybe you have first hand experience.

Second question is the same for citizenship, if you know it is possible without permant position.

Thanks for your time and help,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/23/14 9:33 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
I realized that I should provide more information:

At the time of application I will have paid 60 months of contribution, 36 months on student visa p.16, and 24 months on worker visa p.18.

My salary was always 50% position, I'm not sure if this counts as a proper employment, on paper it is a part-time Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter job, and I will still be holding it at the time of my "potential" permanent residence application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/23/14 10:10 PM as a reply to Arnhem.
Having done a PhD, you can be considered as highly qualified person and should be able to get a Niederlassung after working for 24 months. The thing that I don't know is if it matters that your postdoc position is 50% or 100%, just make sure about this.

Regards,
Sara
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3