Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent Visa to Independent Visa

Toggle
Dependent Visa to Independent Visa
family re-union visa dependent visa dependent and work visa
Answer
8/22/14 10:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

At the outset I would like to thank Trust7 for an amazing job/service that it is servicing to confused individuals throughout the world!!

Coming to the purpose and reason I am here, like every other guy!! I have a serious concern and there is no direct thread that answers my query.

It goes like this:

My Wife is there in Germany recently (just a week ago) on a Long Term Visa and applied for a work permit, we are expecting to get a BlueCard, irrespective what the card is going to be, Me and My Kid was approved with a Family Reunion Residence Permit which also has "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" , I understand that I am lucky and can work in German without any problems.

Here is the point of concern:
The project my Wife is aligned to, though it is valid through 2 years, we are not sure how many months she is allowed to work from on-site, once the transission is complete, she might as well be transferred back to home country in some 6 to 7 months or if we are lucky enough it could be extended to an year or 2.

Considering this fact, if I have to stay there:
  1. I need to resign my current job and find a new job on my Dependent Title as I got the Visa for 90 days as usual and will have to extend from there.
  2. Discontinue my Son's school (Primary Schooling) and get an admission there.
Question:
  1. On a dependent Visa, Can I still work with the Work Permit I get from the New Employer (As of now I do not have job in hand yet but I am confident in lading on one once I am there).
  2. If I am not allowed to stay in Germany without my Wife, is there a process to convert my Dependent Visa to Independent Visa once I am there.
  3. All in All, How can I stay there without depending on my Wife’s Visa or Stay as losing a Job which is good enough as of now and coming there is kind of a very big risk that I need to take and more importantly, my Kid’s education is kind of getting screwed up in the process.
I know we have to think this through before she taking up the opportunity in Germany, but this is something we learned from the Ground once she is there.

Any Help is very much appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Dependent Visa to Independent Visa
Answer
8/25/14 9:38 PM as a reply to Chiru K.
chiruk:
Hello Everyone,

At the outset I would like to thank Trust7 for an amazing job/service that it is servicing to confused individuals throughout the world!!

Coming to the purpose and reason I am here, like every other guy!! I have a serious concern and there is no direct thread that answers my query.

It goes like this:

My Wife is there in Germany recently (just a week ago) on a Long Term Visa and applied for a work permit, we are expecting to get a BlueCard, irrespective what the card is going to be, Me and My Kid was approved with a Family Reunion Residence Permit which also has "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" , I understand that I am lucky and can work in German without any problems.

Here is the point of concern:
The project my Wife is aligned to, though it is valid through 2 years, we are not sure how many months she is allowed to work from on-site, once the transission is complete, she might as well be transferred back to home country in some 6 to 7 months or if we are lucky enough it could be extended to an year or 2.

Considering this fact, if I have to stay there:
  1. I need to resign my current job and find a new job on my Dependent Title as I got the Visa for 90 days as usual and will have to extend from there.
  2. Discontinue my Son's school (Primary Schooling) and get an admission there. you will have to look for international schools
Question:
  1. On a dependent Visa, Can I still work with the Work Permit I get from the New Employer (As of now I do not have job in hand yet but I am confident in lading on one once I am there). Yes
  2. If I am not allowed to stay in Germany without my Wife, is there a process to convert my Dependent Visa to Independent Visa once I am there. You can convert
  3. All in All, How can I stay there without depending on my Wife’s Visa or Stay as losing a Job which is good enough as of now and coming there is kind of a very big risk that I need to take and more importantly, my Kid’s education is kind of getting screwed up in the process.   get  a job from India and come to Germany on an independent visa.
I know we have to think this through before she taking up the opportunity in Germany, but this is something we learned from the Ground once she is there.

Good luck

Any Help is very much appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3