Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: How is Staatsangehöriger after 7 years possible?

Toggle
Hi all,

Based on the following paragraph

What are the requirements for becoming a naturalized German citizen?
Section 10, para. 1 of the Nationality ActTo be eligible for naturalization, a person has to have lived legally in Germany for at least eight years and possess the appropriate residence permit. Foreigners who have successfully completed an integration course are eligible for naturalization after seven years. Persons wishing to become naturalized citizens must also declare their allegiance to our constitution and have a sufficient command of the German language. Knowledge of German is an essential prerequisite for integration into our society. Candidates for naturalization must be able to support themselves without recourse to social assistance or unemployment benefits (Arbeitslosengeld II), unless this is due to circumstances beyond their control; nor can they have committed any serious criminal offences. In addition, they must give up their previous citizenship. In certain cases or for certain groups of persons, however, multiple nationality may be considered.
(Reference: http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/FAQs/EN/Themen/Migration/Staatsang/Erwerb_der_deutschen_Staatsbuergerschaft_durch_Eingbuergerung_en.html;jsessionid=29BB9E86508E5075F5B38E985D1B5A02.2_cid295?nn=3317066#doc159094bodyText4)

it seems to me that it must be possible to apply for German citizenship after 7 years if one has done 
integration course. 
I need to know if this is true in every cases and if any of you has such an experience.
Please share your experience or information.

Best regards,
Sara

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/18/14 4:46 PM as a reply to Sara.
On top of that: Is it applicable to all visa classes or only to working Visa class. Like i am doing Phd on Scholorship (German Scholorship) and already been here for 8 years but on Nr. 16 Visa. Can i apply for Permanant Residence??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/21/14 3:12 PM as a reply to Zia Rehman.
Hi Ziarehamann,

About your question (which is not related to mineemoticon), as far as I know you cann't apply for Niederlassung if you are on &16 Visa (student residence). One requirement is to have work visa for some time which is &18 (or some other types such as spouse residence permits maybe) plus some specified requrements including how long you have been living in Germany and income etc.

Regards,
Sara
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3