Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Longer validity Schengen visa for visiting family members

Toggle
Hi all,

There's good news for those of you pained by frequent visa applications for parents. This year my mother and sister applied at Mumbai Consulate for their 3rd Schengen visit (previous visits to France and Germany). To our utter surprise, both received 1 year validity Schengen visa even without having made any specific request to that effect.

Now if anyone here has gone through the same experience and parents have traveled multiple times on same visa, then I have a question. My monther's visa validity is from 13-05-14 until 12-05-15, number of entries says MULT but the duration of stay states 90 days. So do I understand that they can only stay 90 days in 1 year, or can they come back after having stayed 90 days in a period of 180 days?

Thanks for a short feedback.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Longer validity Schengen visa for visiting family members
Answer
7/30/14 1:18 PM as a reply to Omkar.
Hi 10dulkar,

Last year, my mother also received the same kind of visa (for 1 year).
You understood correctly that the rule (90 days stay in 180 days) must be followed.
So they can stay in Germany for max. 90 and then 3 months wait and they can again travel to Germany.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18