Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa

Toggle
Help needed for Spouse Visa John 9/22/11 6:16 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 9/22/11 9:42 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa John 9/22/11 3:34 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 9/22/11 4:57 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa sachin gupta 9/27/11 4:53 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Tony Gill 10/4/11 8:22 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa John 10/9/11 7:41 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa bip neha 10/17/11 11:28 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa friend082 friend082 10/17/11 12:32 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Tony Gill 10/18/11 6:29 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa John 10/20/11 1:39 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 10/20/11 11:30 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 10/20/11 11:42 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa friend082 friend082 10/20/11 1:16 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Rajesh Krishnadoss 10/20/11 5:59 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa bip neha 11/11/11 8:59 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 2/9/12 10:30 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Radhika Laal 2/12/12 10:27 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 2/12/12 2:29 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Ak 2/19/12 2:34 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Dimple - 3/9/12 9:28 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 3/9/12 10:20 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Dimple - 3/9/12 11:43 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa deepak 3/9/12 4:58 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Dimple - 3/10/12 5:54 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Ak 3/25/12 6:20 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa adav adav 3/28/12 11:45 AM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Naveen Krishna 4/21/12 2:54 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Ak 4/22/12 12:39 PM
Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Parul Jain 4/29/12 5:53 PM
RE: Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Sun 7/22/14 4:34 PM
RE: Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa Mani 7/22/14 4:51 PM
Help needed for Spouse Visa
Answer
9/22/11 6:16 AM
Dear all,

Recently I got a job offer in Germany with approx 60k pa with unlimited contract. I want to bring my wife with me, I am married before obtaining work permit. She has a Masters of Arts in Political science, From Rajasthan University. I searched this forum and found many people got spouse visa almost in similar situation as of mine. I have two questions, please help-
1. (most important )Can she get Family reunion visa without any knowledge of German (no A1 course) based on her masters degree? Info on embassy says if spouse has a master´s degree, no need to take German classes. She might later join integration course in Germany, if required.

2. Our marriage certificate is in hindi, from where we can translate it in English?

3. Which attestations will we need for marriage and birth certificates? Somewhere I read that attestation is not required as German embassy has its own verification.

Please help me out. Thank you very much.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed for Spouse Visa
Answer
9/22/11 9:42 AM as a reply to John.
Hello Akum,
I am in the same situation as yours, Delhi embassy seems to be having no information related to the case where husband/wife traveling together to Germany.
On Delhi embassy website, there is so called "Family reunion" category for spouse, but if you see the list of documents required in this category, you will go crazy, (to meet the list of documents, you need to be residing in Germany for a minimum duration).

Nobody like to travel alone leaving behind their spouse for the later entry.

If you see the Chennai embassy website, their list of documents required for spouse reunion seems reasonable(its not mandatory for spouse to have a language certificate- if she can prove her qualification should be doable).
They have clearly specified the procedures in-case if you want to take your spouse and children along with you.

I really wonder, German embassy in Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata/Chennai, have their own set of requirements and procedures.
its very strange that procedure differs for the same country but different states.

In my case I dont have the German language certificate for my wife(even there is no birth certificate of me and wife), i want to give it a try to see if they reject my application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/11 3:34 PM as a reply to John.
Hi xtreamer,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right the information is different on Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and Banglore sites.I think in my case I do need to wait until the probezeit is over as I am married before getting the job. Are you in India currently? Have you visited any of the embassies there and got some information regarding German course. If, yes please share information with me.

Thanks in advance!!
I wish you good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/22/11 4:57 PM as a reply to John.
Hello Akum,
Currently I am in India, though i had been to Delhi embassy few times for schengen visa, but for employment visa, this is the first time.

My appointment with Delhi embassy is on 19th October, will update you the outcome after my embassy visit.
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/11 4:53 PM as a reply to John.
Hello Akum,

I have a suggestion for you. Do not come to Germany till you have obtained the visa for your wife. Once you are in Germany, different rules seem to apply and inturn it takes around 6 months before you can get spouse visa...I did go through it and it was painful to say the least!

Regarding translation, it is best to try and get an english version from the registrar authority...if not possible next best option is to get it translated from the German Language center in Delhi...I think it is called Max Muller bhawan..

All the best.

Cheers,

Sachin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/11 8:22 PM as a reply to John.
Hi,

just answering to your 1. question. At least in 2010, spouse could get exemption from doing German language course if he/she had done Master. Since my wife had bachelor degree from India, she had to complete her course.

Regards
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/9/11 7:41 PM as a reply to John.
Thanks Sachin & Tony.

we will get marriage certificate translated into German from Max Muller Bhavan. Does anyone know if attestation of marriage certificate is required from state and/or MEA (Patiyala house)?

Thanks & Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 11:28 AM as a reply to John.
Hi,
My husband has got a job in germany and we went there last week for the interview. His documents were accepted but mine were not.

The lady there marked for us a list of docs which I need to carry for the interview next time - as the docs were incomplete. She stressed on marriage certificate/birth certificate/education certificates etc. And also did mention that I need to learn basic german from Max mueller. We also need to pay "20,000 rs" for some verification.
I have all aove docs now except the german language certificate as the courses in max mueller are way too long - like for 6 months etc and I cannot wait till then. Hence Iam going for the interview again to the embassy minus the german lang certificate - not sure if they accept this time! .... but honestly learning german to get a visa is crazy!

If some one has managed to get the spouse visa minus learning german pls let me know!

Thx!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/17/11 12:32 PM as a reply to John.
do u have master's degree , may be you will exempted from german course else its mandatory,

but for getting your visa it takes almost 4-6 months including the verification of your marriage certificate by third party agency---
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/11 6:29 PM as a reply to John.
Yeah, it is crazy. Learning German for visa here and then again learning German when you start living here (recomended by officials here, almost mendatory for getting PR, work permit etc.) I do not know why one has to learn German 2 times and later you will have to do integration course too.

I can tell you 1000 things running through my mind, but you will understand the compexities of life in Germany, once you are here. But just an example, a Gujrati farmer, is not able to reunite after 25 years of his marriage with his wife in England, because he can not speak English (saw on TV). He seemed to be in his late 50s.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 1:39 AM as a reply to John.
@bipneh8710 I have few questions, plz answer.

1. Did embassy ask for education certificates to be apostilled/ verified from state and MEA or translated in German?
2. Did they also ask for your birth certificate? Dont they accept the date of birth given in secondary school certificate?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 11:30 AM as a reply to John.
Just wanted to update about my visa application at Delhi Embassy.

Last week I could submit the National Residence permit application for me,wife and child.

In my case, I have been offered unlimited employment contract from my parent company in Germany(its sort of company internal transfer).

I have visited Germany several times, also I have a valid schengen visa till jul 2013.

The Lady at counter 3 has accepted mine and child's visa without any problem, but in wife's case, she asked for German Language certificate which we don't have, I tried to convince her that my wife has done her MBA and in my contract my company has agreed to pay for language classes for me and wife(after arriving in germany).

some how she was convinced after asking her senior, she said she will accept the application, but later, visa processing officer may ask for language certificate before issuing the visa.

This lady at counter 3 was very co-operative that she realizes how difficult it is for my wife to manage language class with an 8month old child. She suggested to go through some online course from home so that she is prepared in case if required.

In our case, we were not asked for Rs.20,000 for verification.

we had all the documents(including marriage certificate) except wife's birth certificate and German Language certificate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 11:42 AM as a reply to John.
Btw, one more thing I missed,
we were not asked for any attestation from MEA, she didn't even see our originals.

PS: Seems like carrying an hyper active baby, as a proof of marriage works really great ;-)
(so feed your baby some sweets/sugar before entering the embassy)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 1:16 PM as a reply to John.
@xtreamer

as per my exp during the application time they dont ask you to pay for the marriage verification fee , for us after 20 days we recieved a letter to pay the fee and submit documents even.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/11 5:59 PM as a reply to John.
the marriage verficiation will be requested sometimes from the foreign office here in germany. One way or the other they will make you do the verification(later for NE atleast) and get their money.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/11 8:59 AM as a reply to John.
Hi,

1\ I was also told to learn German A1 for the spouse visa, but I did not have enough time to learn, moreover they want you to learn only from Goethe institue which ahs fixed batches. At tje moment the next batch is in Jan to may. So I mailed to teh fgerman embassy and ask them about this and they replied to say that usually it is not required but they can reject if they wish to. Hence you need to just risk it.

2\ Marriage certificate MUSt required in english.

3\No, attestation is not required - they do on their own after verification.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/12 10:30 AM as a reply to John.
Friends,
16weeks ago I applied for work visa and dependent visa for my wife and our child.

Two days ago i got approval of my work permit and my child's visa. But my wife's application is still being processed in Aliens office.

Yesterday my German employer contacted aliens office regarding my wife's visa, and they said my wife's visa approval is on hold due to missing A1 certificate.

Now I have 30days to get my visa stamped for me and my child, but without wife makes no sense for child visa.

1)My wife has a Masters degree(MBA)- her certificates are enclosed with the application.
2)My employer has stated in the work contract that they will help us with german language classes by providing needed financial support upto 2000Euro.

Can some one suggest what should i do in this situation?

I have few options in mind:

1)approach Aliens office with more supporting document from the employer that they will take care of our language requirement.

2)All 3 of us will stay till my wife completes A1 certificate and together we will move to Germany.

3)Leave wife and child in India and take up the employment, let wife complete her A1 certificate and submit it to embassy for approval of visa which is on hold. And then she and child can join me.

please suggest what would be the best thing to do.

Also I have few question:

1)Is it true that my wife's application can be on hold, till they receive A1 certificate?

2)What if i move to Germany to take up the employment, after my move will this scenario change? Do we need to start fresh with my wife and child's application?

3)Can we prepare for A1 at home by studying online course material? or is it must to take up classes at max-mullar bhavan?

4)Typically how much time it takes to prepare and pass the A1 exam?

please share your experience, your inputs are valuable to me,
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/12 10:27 AM as a reply to John.
Xtreamer,

Could you tell me what happened in the case of your wife and the german certificate.

I recently got married, my husband is german and last month we put our application in. They accepted my bachelors degree from the U.S where I had taken some german classes and an on the spot german test which I think I did ok but not too great in and did not ask for the certificate.

Is there a possibility that not submitting the certificate could delay the process? Could they ask for it later or do they only ask for it at the time of accepting the application?

Thanks,
Laal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/12 2:29 PM as a reply to John.
Laal,
My employer tried to explain my situation with aliens office. Looks like a lady at aliens office processing our application is having another look at my wife's case. But so far nothing is confirmed yet, i am still waiting to hear from the embassy.

myself and baby got the visa but mother didn't. we both need to get our visa stamped within 30days(else we may have to start the process again).

Once they clear my wife's visa, i will get all 3 visa stamped at once, else we will stay back till my wife clears A1 certificate.

It all depends on the person processing your application, its up to them to decide whether your degree certificate considered valid or not.

will update you once we have the decision.
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/12 2:34 PM as a reply to John.
Hi xtreamer,

Would appreciate an update once you have more information. I am in a similar situation as you, my wife has a Masters Degree, employer has agreed to mention language support in contract, but not sure whether all this will help for my wife's reunion visa application.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/12 9:28 AM as a reply to John.
Dear All,

Please Help.I am applying for a Family reunion Visa.I had all the documents except my Birth Certificate and the Girl at Visa Counter told me to get it but i don't have one and then she told me to get it late registered however when i confirmed with the authorities late registration can be done only till after 15 years.However i placed the request to municipal authorities to search for records and they dint find anything so gave me a unavailability certificate>what i need to do in this case.

2. The certificate they gave me is in Hindi,from where we can translate it in English?I called the embassy to inquire but they transferred me somewhere but i dint know any extension numbers and the name of the person concerned that what the operator ask for

3. hich attestations will we need for marriage and birth certificates? Somewhere I read that attestation is not required as German embassy has its own verification.

4.I just checked in German Mission in India that the Visa Requirements for Chennai ,Mumbai are different.They Dont ask for Birth Certificate or even a Matriculation certificate..Why is this?

I have been searching for Information for so many days but i am not able to get any Detailed and proper information.I found this forum Very Useful.Please Help in this Regard

Thanks
Dimps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/12 10:20 AM as a reply to John.
kanakbar:
My employer was able to convince Auslanderamt that my wife should be exempted from A1(because of master degree), we got her visa approved last week, next week we are flying together.
Br,
xtreamer.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/12 11:43 AM as a reply to John.
Congratulations Xtreamer..Please Could you help me with my issues?
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/9/12 4:58 PM as a reply to John.
@dimps

Please Help.I am applying for a Family reunion Visa.I had all the documents except my Birth Certificate and the Girl at Visa Counter told me to get it but i don't have one and then she told me to get it late registered however when i confirmed with the authorities late registration can be done only till after 15 years.However i placed the request to municipal authorities to search for records and they dint find anything so gave me a unavailability certificate>what i need to do in this case.

- Unavailability certificate from the municipal authorities is accepted. I provided the same for my wife.

2. The certificate they gave me is in Hindi,from where we can translate it in English?I called the embassy to inquire but they transferred me somewhere but i dint know any extension numbers and the name of the person concerned that what the operator ask for
...u can get the translation attested by notary. It works.

3. hich attestations will we need for marriage and birth certificates? Somewhere I read that attestation is not required as German embassy has its own verification.

No attestation is required. they will take verification fees from you (20,000) and will get all certificates verified thru third party.

4.I just checked in German Mission in India that the Visa Requirements for Chennai ,Mumbai are different.They Dont ask for Birth Certificate or even a Matriculation certificate..Why is this?

--not sure about this. comments based on experience at Delhi.

I have been searching for Information for so many days but i am not able to get any Detailed and proper information.I found this forum Very Useful.Please Help in this Regard

Thanks
Dimps
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/12 5:54 PM as a reply to John.
Thanks Deepz for Help...Really appreciate it
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/25/12 6:20 PM as a reply to John.
Hi xtreamer,

You mention in one of your posts - 'Now I have 30days to get my visa stamped for me and my child, but without wife makes no sense for child visa.'

Was this 30 days limit given to you by the German Embassy/Consulate?

I have also received intimation from both ABH and Consulate that I can be issued my visa, but my wife's visa is on hold because of marriage certificate verification. I just submitted these documents and it will take another 6-8 weeks for the process to be complete.

However, in my case the consulate did not mention that I get my visa stamped, so I am wondering whether this 30 days limit is something they did not bother to mention to me and I will face issues later to get the visa stamped once my wife's visa is processed and ready to be stamped.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/28/12 11:45 AM as a reply to John.
Typically, once your application is approved by the aliens office, local embassy would send an email stating that your application has been approved and you will be requested to submit your passport to VFS for visa stamping and embassy would suggest you to get your visa stamped withing 30days after approval.

In my case,
Mine and our son's visa was approved and embassy requested us to get it stamped withing 30days, I waited till 25th day - luckily on this day wife's visa also got approved so i submitted all 3 passports together for stamping.

Br,
Albert.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/12 2:54 PM as a reply to John.
Hello,

I am going to file the German residence permit application for me, my wife and two children next week at Delhi embassy. I have an unlimited contract from a German employer.

I have following doubts,

1) we do not have a ration card. Is this a mandatory document? If Yes, how to get this done
2) My wife does not have a birth certificate? I believe this can be made even now? How much time will this take?
3) My wife holds a masters degree in computer science but no A1 certificate from Maxmuller Bhawan.

Please advise. I think A1 is certainly not possible as it will take 4-5 months but how about ration card? I am much worried now emoticon

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/12 12:39 PM as a reply to John.
Hello Naveen,

Sorry cannot help you on the ration card part.

My wife's visa is also under process, though from German Consulate in Dubai. I did not provide an A1 certificate for my wife and wrote in the cover letter that she is a Master's degree holder from an Indian University.

The foreign's dept in Germany (ABH) requested for proof that she is taking a German course, and did not strangely ask for the A1 exam passing certificate. Because the course was starting late and I had to join my German employer earlier than the course finish date, she took private tuition lessons and will appear for the A1 exam in May.

It does not take 4-5 months but on an average 2 months to prepare for the A1 exam.

Apart from this, pls note that ABH will also ask for your marriage certificate verification which takes 2-3 months anyways. You can ask the German Embassy/Consulate for A1 certificate exemption in your cover letter so that they at least except the visa application and start the process, and your wife can start preparing for A1 exam in the mean time. In case ABH still wants the A1 certificate, you can submit it by the time your marriage verification process is complete.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/12 5:53 PM as a reply to John.
Hi,
My husband has got a work permit from german employer and me and my daughter want to apply for a family reunion visa. I have some queries:

1) I am awaiting some documents so I want to go on a schengan visa for the first 3 months and then come back to India and apply for the family reunion visa. Is that possible?

2) Somebody in this port said that once your husband goes to Germany then different rules apply for family reunion visa. What is that? If he goes to Germany do we have to wait for a specif time (like 6 months or year) before we can apply for a family reunion visa.

3) As family reunion visa takes time can I apply it and go with him on schengan visa and when my family reunion visa gets approved I can come back to India for the stamping. Can this be done.

Please help if anybody had the same situation. Thank you very much.

Parul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/14 4:34 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
Can somebody please help for the above post? I am in a smilar situatiion. 
Thank you so much.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/14 4:51 PM as a reply to Parul Jain.
paruljain:
Hi,
My husband has got a work permit from german employer and me and my daughter want to apply for a family reunion visa. I have some queries:

1) I am awaiting some documents so I want to go on a schengan visa for the first 3 months and then come back to India and apply for the family reunion visa. Is that possible?

For Family reunion visa, you have to apply from the country you are residing and it will take minimum 2 months time 

2) Somebody in this port said that once your husband goes to Germany then different rules apply for family reunion visa. What is that? If he goes to Germany do we have to wait for a specif time (like 6 months or year) before we can apply for a family reunion visa.

1) I think once your husband is in Germany, then he has to show enough salary limit to support the family. If he gets a Blue card then it will not be an issue.
2) He also has to show enough space for family to live which is approx 15-16 sq m per person. So you can assume 40-50 for a family of 3 taking into account you can some space to move around your house
3) German Language is not a MUST if he as Blue card. He should have Blue card in hand when you are applying for family reunion visa. Usually in Big city like Munich it will take 2 months for getting an appointment to submit Blue card application + 1 month maybe to get the Blue card

3) As family reunion visa takes time can I apply it and go with him on schengan visa and when my family reunion visa gets approved I can come back to India for the stamping. Can this be done.

Not possible. 

Please help if anybody had the same situation. Thank you very much.

Parul
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18