Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Visa Schengen + Visa type D

Toggle
Visa Schengen + Visa type D
Answer
7/13/14 4:25 AM
Hello,

I'm having some troubles (in my mind mostly) with a subject of visas. I'm from Peru and I'm travelling to Spain with a type C visa. After that I'm doing an International University Exchange Program in Germany, and for that I have a type D visa (says VALID FOR: DEUTSCHLAND).

My problem is: the schengen type C ends on august 10 (10/08/14), and the type D starts on the 11 of the same month (11/08/14). I was thinking of staying 1 more week in my friends house in Spain and after that going to Italy to visit another friend.. but I'm not sure if I can stay and travel to Italy or I have to go to Germany as soon as the type C expires?  

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Javier
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/14 3:31 PM as a reply to Javier.
Check page 42 of this bamf document.
http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/EN/Publikationen/EMN/Nationale-Studien-WorkingPaper/emn-wp40-visa-policy-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Check the section - territorial validity. Based on that, you should be OK.

If I were you, I would run the specifics of this case by either a BAMF email address on their site or just write to the nearest German embassy for confirmation. Carrying such a confirmation might help, if you either come across a uninformed border guard either in Germany or in any other EU country.

G'Luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/14 7:06 PM as a reply to TS TS.
Thank you, I'll do that.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/14 10:25 AM as a reply to TS TS.
As per EU regulations, it is allowed to stay with Type D visa. Take a printout of the below and show at border.
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-10-111_en.pdf

BAMF or German embassy confirmation will not help. After all the problem arises when you encounter Spanish or Italian border police. They would either look at EU regulations or their own national regulations. Type D visa is governed by national laws.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott