Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Employment Visa to Germany

Toggle
Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 4/28/14 3:16 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Vigyan Tumuluri 4/29/14 6:43 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 4/30/14 9:33 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany hprj 4/30/14 10:05 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany srinivas kasam 4/30/14 12:18 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Vigyan Tumuluri 4/30/14 4:32 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 5/2/14 8:38 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Vigyan Tumuluri 5/2/14 1:58 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany hprj 5/2/14 3:06 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 5/3/14 5:17 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 5/3/14 5:40 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 5/3/14 6:31 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Urmila Patel 5/4/14 9:13 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Vigyan Tumuluri 5/5/14 6:58 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 5/5/14 4:35 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Babu Kilari 5/9/14 6:38 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 5/14/14 7:02 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Babu Kilari 5/14/14 10:07 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Sachin Tak 6/4/14 10:33 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 6/4/14 11:13 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 6/4/14 12:50 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 6/5/14 10:55 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Babu Kilari 6/5/14 11:05 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany dcode dcode 6/9/14 7:13 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 7/11/14 9:48 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 7/11/14 9:54 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 7/11/14 10:13 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 7/11/14 12:02 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Yogesh Kumar 12/30/14 3:49 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 1/1/15 12:30 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Yogesh Kumar 1/6/15 6:55 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Wim Hannover 1/7/15 1:36 AM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Yogesh Kumar 1/7/15 5:28 PM
RE: Employment Visa to Germany Santhosh 5/2/14 8:50 AM
Employment Visa to Germany
Answer
4/28/14 3:16 PM
Dear All,

This is Santhosh and i have got an offer from Germany. I have 7.5 years of experience.

I have searched for the process to get employment and then BLUE Card but evrything is confusing me more..

Could you please help me with this.

Also, do I need to do hotel reservation before applying for employment Visa. Please help

Thanks a lot,
Santhos
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/29/14 6:43 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Hi Santhosh,

Have a little patience and go through the numerous threads in this forum. Almost every question you have will be answered about the process. If you have a specific question, please post here, we will try to answer it.
anyway here is a link for you: http://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/

PS: i also started like you, and went through almost all the related threads to get more clarity of the process.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/30/14 9:33 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Thanks for the link.

But I have join that company in July and When I called German Consulate Bangalore, they are not responding properly.

We cannot visit them directly and we have to call them using TOLL FREE number and most of the time it will be busy.

So I am bit worried as I have only 2 months left. My worry only is Do I need to book the hotel before the VISA gets approved.

Also I want my wife to accompany me in German and needs to Start the Family Reunion Visa.

Can we directly apply for National Visa and Family Reunion VISA together in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Santhu
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
4/30/14 10:05 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
If company is sponsoring your visa, I would advice you and your wife apply together. I did the same and there were no problems at all. Hotel reservation is not required for visa processing, however consulate can ask for visa stamping after visa approval.Good luck then.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/30/14 12:18 PM as a reply to hprj.
you need to visit your nearest VFS office to apply for the visa, They will answer all your questions.

http://www.vfs-germany.co.in/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/30/14 4:32 PM as a reply to srinivas kasam.
I have heard of people mentioning company address for place of stay in application form.
Dont worry about the hotel booking, just mention the address of planned stay (hotel/apartment). So that your application is sent to the corresponding ABH in that area in Germany for visa processing.

And apply for your visa and your wife's visa together, although it is not sure if you both will get the visa together. This is a relatively easier process compared to applying for family reunion visa after you reach there.

I advise you to apply soon, as it takes time for visa processing and marriage verification. Just prepare all the documents listed in bangalore consulate website and book an apointment soon. Sometimes you get an appointment only after a month, so just check the available dates.

Best Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/14 8:38 AM as a reply to Vigyan Tumuluri.
Thanks a lot everyone for the advice and suggestions.

I have prepared all the documents and I will submit the same in the German Consulate Bangalore on Monday.

I heard VFS Bangalore accepts only Schengen Visa documents and not the National Visa or work permit.

While filling up the form, there is one question which is bothering me.
1. Duration of the Work Permit.

There is no end date given in my offer letter. So I am confused what should i mention for the duration.

Does anybody have any idea about it?

Thanks,
Santhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/14 8:50 AM as a reply to hprj.
hprj:
If company is sponsoring your visa, I would advice you and your wife apply together. I did the same and there were no problems at all. Hotel reservation is not required for visa processing, however consulate can ask for visa stamping after visa approval.Good luck then.

Hi Hprj,

Thank you for reply...

It would be great help  that , if you can take out some time and let me know the process to apply for the both Work/Blue card visa snd Spouse visa together... Only thing I am trying here is that trying to reduce the risk of gettting the visa rejected for me and my wife..

If any case  wife visa get rejected , it will be tough for me to co-ordinate from outside India.

Do I have to apply for the both of the following :

1)  German national visa - employment - 

http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3137364/Daten/3961398/employment.pdf

2) German national visa - family reunion for spouses ( South -  I will apply from Bangalore ) 

http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3137418/Daten/3744386/familyreunionspouseSOUTH.pdf

Santhosh 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/14 1:58 PM as a reply to Santhosh.
santhu:

While filling up the form, there is one question which is bothering me.
1. Duration of the Work Permit.

There is no end date given in my offer letter. So I am confused what should i mention for the duration.

I wrote unlimited as work permit duration, since my contract is unlimited.

Yes, apply both German national visa and Family reunion visa together. Take an apointment for your spouse also at the same time slot. So that when both of your interviews are done, they will process both applications together. Although you might get visa earlier than your wife because of marriage verification process. The process is comparatively simple than you inviting from Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/2/14 3:06 PM as a reply to Vigyan Tumuluri.
Hi Santhosh,

I second vt18 comments. All the best.

Regards,
HPRJ.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/14 5:17 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hi All ,

How important is Birth certificate in Spouse reunion visa  application ?

Since my spouse dont have birth certificate and it will take close to month to get the birth certificate from the respective departmnet , can we submit now the court affidavit as date of birth proof .

Also planing to  parallelly apply for the regular birth certificate from the department and submit the same in the interview time ..is this a good idea ? 

Regards :

Santhu....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/14 5:40 PM as a reply to Santhosh.
Submit only those documents which are asked.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/14 6:31 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
Submit only those documents which are asked.

They have asked for Birth Certificate and my wife does not have it.. So I was thinking of submitting the Affidavit from the Court..

Dont know if German consulate considers it as an legal Birth Proof or not..

Thanks,
Santhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/4/14 9:13 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Hi Santhosh

I too am in a similar boat....have a contract from a German company and will be applying for Resident permit for employment. And thinking if my spouse should apply for family reunion visa along with me or not.....can you please ping me on mail id and we can tally our notes emoticon urmilamumbai@gmail.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/14 6:58 AM as a reply to Urmila Patel.
EDIT:
Removed my comment, to avoid confusion
Thanks Cebit for the clarification
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/14 4:35 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
10th class certificate is not Birth Certificate under German law. 

submit affidavit to Registrar - Birth and Death to get BC.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/9/14 6:38 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Hello Santhosh,

I don't think Birth Certficate is a mandatory document. I went to Mumbai Consulate yesterday to file my Visa application along with my wife. It was a Blue card application for me and Family Reunion visa for my wife. Our applications have bee accepted. The only mandatory things that were collected from my wife were copy of Marriage Certificate and her University degree Certificate. Though we went there along with the Birth Certificate, they said it is not required and returned the copies of the same and originals too. 

I am now finally waiting for the Visa approval. they said it takes 6-12 weeks. Hoping to get it earlier. Fingers Crossed !!

Thanks & Best Regards,
Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/14 7:02 AM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
logbabu:
Hello Santhosh,

I don't think Birth Certficate is a mandatory document. I went to Mumbai Consulate yesterday to file my Visa application along with my wife. It was a Blue card application for me and Family Reunion visa for my wife. Our applications have bee accepted. The only mandatory things that were collected from my wife were copy of Marriage Certificate and her University degree Certificate. Though we went there along with the Birth Certificate, they said it is not required and returned the copies of the same and originals too. 

I am now finally waiting for the Visa approval. they said it takes 6-12 weeks. Hoping to get it earlier. Fingers Crossed !!

Thanks & Best Regards,
Babu Kilari

Hi Babu Kilari,

Thank you for the inputs..

Just wanted to check what did you give for the following emoticon in Checklist for a German national visa - family reunion for spouses-----)

* Certificate of residence (not older than 6 months) of the spouse living in Germany, if applicable
* Proof of German knowledge (A1 level) -->> ( Is this Important  ) 

Thanks in advance ..

Santhu...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/14 10:07 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
1. Certficate of residence is not applicable for me as I am not there in Germany yet.
2. They asked for Proof German Knowledge and I told them that it is not required for Blue Card applicants for which she replied, it will be decided by German Authorities. Sometimes, it can be waived off and sometimes it is not. So, she requested my wife to join the course ASAP and only the Certificates from Geothe Max Muller Bhavan will be accepted.

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/14 10:33 AM as a reply to Babu Kilari.
Hello Santhu, Babu Kilari,

As per the various mail, I came to know that you both have applied for German national visa few days before only.

My question is that have you recieved any feedback from german consulate regarding approval for work and visa permitt.

I have applied on 28May2014 and my joining date will be 1st July therefore I am little tensed whether I will get visa on time or not even I need to resign from my current company once I will have a visa i my hand.

Regards,
-Sachin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/14 11:13 AM as a reply to Sachin Tak.
1. Minimum time is 3 weeks.

2. Do NOT resign till you get the visa approval.  Your employer will wait for you till you get your visa.

Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/14 12:50 PM as a reply to Sachin Tak.
sachintak:
Hello Santhu, Babu Kilari,

As per the various mail, I came to know that you both have applied for German national visa few days before only.

My question is that have you recieved any feedback from german consulate regarding approval for work and visa permitt.

I have applied on 28May2014 and my joining date will be 1st July therefore I am little tensed whether I will get visa on time or not even I need to resign from my current company once I will have a visa i my hand.

Regards,
-Sachin

Hi Sachin ..

I have applied on 23 rd May 2014 ... Still I have also not received any feedback from German Consulate..

My personal suggestion is to resign once you have Visa in hand..

Santhu...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/14 10:55 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Hi All ,

Is their any way we can followup the status of the Visa application.

( Calling the help line is not much helpful) 

Santhu....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/14 11:05 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
santhu:
Hi All ,

Is their any way we can followup the status of the Visa application.

( Calling the help line is not much helpful) 

Santhu....

Hello Santhu,

It's just been 9 working days since you applied the Visa application. You may have to wait for few more days before raising up with Helpdesk.

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/9/14 7:13 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Hey Santhu,

Did you write any covering letter during you visa ?.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/14 9:48 AM as a reply to dcode dcode.
dcode:
Hey Santhu,

Did you write any covering letter during you visa ?.

yes We wrote the covering letter while submitting the application form.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/14 9:54 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
Dear All,

I am little confused and I need your guidance again. Please help me.

My current company wants me to go Munich in Schengen VISA. But I have already applied for my employment VISA.Its been 6 weeks now.

So , can I apply for Schengen VISA to germany now?
Will it impact the Employment VISA process?
If I get the VISA approval and the consulate asks me to get the VISA stamped and during the same time, If I am in Germany, can I delay it for 1 month to get my passport stamped. 

How long I can delay, if I get my VISA approved today and received the mail from consulate, till I get it stamped on my passport?

Please let me know if anybody has any idea about it.

Thanks,
Santhosh.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/14 10:13 AM as a reply to Santhosh.
santhu:
Dear All,

I am little confused and I need your guidance again. Please help me.

My current company wants me to go Munich in Schengen VISA. But I have already applied for my employment VISA.Its been 6 weeks now.

So , can I apply for Schengen VISA to germany now?
Will it impact the Employment VISA process?

you will have to cancel work visa and apply for tourist/business visa.

If I get the VISA approval and the consulate asks me to get the VISA stamped and during the same time, If I am in Germany, can I delay it for 1 month to get my passport stamped.

yeah.. you can do that. but inform them

How long I can delay, if I get my VISA approved today and received the mail from consulate, till I get it stamped on my passport?

whatever delay it should be reasonable.

Please let me know if anybody has any idea about it.

Thanks,
Santhosh.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/11/14 12:02 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
Do we really need to cancel the work permit. I was thinking these two are independent process.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
12/30/14 3:49 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
@Santhu ,
HI My case is some what similar I have applied the German WP dependent visa together but my spouse and duaghters have not yet come its already 6 weeks over . Mine i got in just 4 days . im already in germany.
So i was thinking can i apply for Schengen VISA at the same time and get my family here till they get the dependent visa .And how long it will take for the dependent visa to come . Im not getting any status on thi s. Please let me know anything if you are aware of this.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/1/15 12:30 PM as a reply to Yogesh Kumar.
u will have to cancel the dependent visa and apply for schenghen 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/15 6:55 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
HI Cebit , 

How can i track my german  national visa application status online using the acknowledgement number . 
I tried to contact though email and phone but no response from consulate.
I trhied in the VFS link there it is asking for  reciept no .where acknoledgement no didnt match
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/15 1:36 AM as a reply to Yogesh Kumar.
call the foreigners office in your cityl
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/15 5:28 PM as a reply to Wim Hannover.
cebit:
call the foreigners office in your cityl

But i tried visting to Auslander office in Germany but didnt get any response and also tried calling several times .
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott