Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Residence registration in Germany

Umschalten
Residence registration in Germany
Antwort
25.05.14 16:42
Hello All,

My wife's visa has been approved and I would like to know further steps to be followed for attaining a residence permit after landing in Germany. (Ex :- Process of residence registration)

Thankyou all

Fayaz
0 (0 Stimmen)

RE: Residence registration in Germany
Antwort
25.05.14 21:56 als Antwort auf Fayazuddin Syed.
Go to ABH of your city
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.05.14 05:00 als Antwort auf Wim Hannover.
Hi Cebit,

Thank you for the reply. Is there a website that will list the process and documents required for registration.

Thanks
Fayaz
0 (0 Stimmen)

Antwort
26.05.14 07:53 als Antwort auf Fayazuddin Syed.
I am not sure if there is any such website.

After landing in Germany, first you need to find out the "Local Registration Office". They call it as Rathaus I guess. Once you go there, you should tell them that you're new to Germany and after showing the house contract, they will give you the application form and you need to fill it. They can guide you on that. Some of them do speak English as well. You also need to carry your passport and work contract to the local Rathaus. Once done, you will be given with a copy of your local registration. Also, when you register - please do not hesitate to ask for TAX Card. Once you ask for the tax card, you will get a mail post with the specific Tax Identification number. Please keep it with you safely.

After local registration, you need to do the second big job which is getting your Residence Permit. You need to get an appointment at ABH (Aliens Office). After going there, show them your work contract, passport, local registration copy and house contract. Once you show them these things, the lady at the ABH office will give you a token to pay  60 or 80 EUR ( I don't remember the exact amount ) and you need to pay the amount into that token. There is a machine where you need to insert the Euro notes and the system will load the money electronically into the token given by her. After that, you will also get a receipt from the machine. Take it and give the receipt to the officer post which your passports will be stamped with Residence Permit. Sometimes, instead of stamping the residence permit on the Passport, they will issue the Residence Permit card which you'll get it by post. Once they issue this, they will cancel your entry permi ( that has been issued by your local Embassy in India which is valid for 90 days )

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari
0 (0 Stimmen)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Sterne: 39
Datum: 09.03.19
VAK
Sterne: 124
Datum: 25.02.18
trust 7
Sterne: 3